“There was never a more important time to make sure that communities devastated by drought, bushfires and now COVID-19 are getting the help they need to rebuild and recover.”
Shane Fitzsimmons, Inaugural Commissioner, Resilience NSW
Bushfires, drought and the current COVID-19 pandemic have intensified the need for coordinated and well-communicated disaster preparedness and recovery strategies. Across the world, there are many learnings, experiences and case studies to share as Governments, government agencies and businesses respond to continually evolving risks. In Australia, the coordination of Health, Police, Education and Transport sectors in meeting essential services and planning for recovery has highlighted various aspects of disaster recovery at a state, national and international level. In NSW, the Premier’s newly created agency, Resilience NSW will lead the whole-of-government policy and service delivery across more than 20 critical agencies.
- Case studies from the Health, Police, Education and Transport sectors
- Review of whole-of-government prevention, preparedness and recovery efforts
- The role of technology in innovation, resilience and communication
- Best practice in resilience
- Overcoming barriers
- The impact of leadership, culture, accountability and resources in corporate resilience
- Mental health and well-being resources and strategies in crisis
- Risk and crisis communication
The Summit will bring together experts and leading professionals from across government and the Health, Police, Education and Transport sectors to share their learnings and solutions to key questions and challenges.
Interested in presented a project, initiative or technology? Contact Tina Karas to discuss further.