Transport plays a key role is maintaining Melbourne’s status as Australia’s most liveable city and the 10th in the world in the Global Liveability Index 2022.
With dedicated spotlights on light, suburban and metro rail, Urban Rail 2023 will bring together operators, manufacturers, contractors and government stakeholders across every level of the passenger rail sector to learn from technology advances, cutting-edge case studies and project updates from successful projects in Australasia and the world.
INTERNATIONAL KEYNOTE ADDRESS |Developing London’s future: Balancing sustainability and innovation
Thomas Ableman, Director of Strategy & Innovation, Transport for London
INTERNATIONAL KEYNOTE ADDRESS |Auckland Light Rail
Dame Fran Wilde, DNZM, QSO, Chair, Auckland Light Rail
KEYNOTE ADDRESS | Delivering an exceptional service on Melbourne’s unique tram network
Carla Purcell, CEO, Keolis Downer Yarra Trams
KEYNOTE ADDRESS | More than a rail line – SRL reshaping Melbourne for the future
Frankie Carroll, Chief Executive Officer, Suburban Rail Loop Authority
KEYNOTE ADDRESS | Gold Coast Light Rail, keeping pace with a growing city
Phil Mumford, CEO, Gold Coast Light Rail
Topics to be addressed include:
- Digital innovation and smart infrastructure
- Resilience in infrastructure: Lessons learned from flooding of assets
- The changing face of metropolitan rail
- Embracing emerging technologies for a smart and sustainable future
- The National Rail Action Plan: Driving harmonisation and interoperability
- Delivering the next generation of trains and trams in Victoria
- A global review of suburban ring railways to inform the Melbourne Suburban Rail Loop Project
- Can we turn NIMBYs into YIMBYs? Engaging local communities in infrastructure projects
- Precincts, placemaking and urban rail
- Safety framework, processes & due diligence
- The Long Game: The importance of embedding sustainability into rail operations
- Designing in climate change resilience for rail – Cross regional learning
Next Generation Conference Scholarships
Congratulations to the winners of the Next Generation Conference Scholarship for Urban Rail 2023.
Were delighted to be supporting the winners professional development and sharing their innovative ideas on how to disrupt or bring greater awareness of urban rail in Australia and New Zealand.
Winners will receive complimentary attendance to the Urban Rail Conference and will be presented with a certificate of acknowledgement at the conference dinner.
ConnectMe + Streamly
ConnectMe • Networking enhanced
All of our events utilise a bespoke dynamic smartphone app, ConnectMe – which guarantees attendees a premium event experience. Logins are sent prior to the conference commencement allowing you to check who’s attending, schedule in meetings and catch ups, participate in live Q+A and interactive polls, and much more. ConnectMe ensures you never miss a beat prior, during and post event.
Streamly • On-Demand video vault
Streamly is a new video platform from Informa Connect – hosting hours of session recordings from our events and more. Select the Streamly add-on at the checkout to receive year round access to exclusive On-Demand session recordings from all of our related transport events*. Login information will be sent post event. For more information visit our Streamly page.
* Note: In a minority of cases, speakers may request their sessions to be excluded from Streamly access.
Still have a question?
Senior Conference Director
Marketing & Media Enquiries