National Dementia Conference
Informa Australia are pleased to announce the 8th Annual National Dementia Conference in February 2017 which will be held on the 23rd and 24th February 2017 at the Stamford Plaza Adelaide.
Dementia is currently the single greatest cause of disability in older Australians. Of course, dementia is not exclusive to any age bracket and according to the AIHW, there are currently more than 353,800 people living with dementia in Australia. With this figure expected to reach almost 400,000 by 2020, and around 900,000 by 2050 - the need to invest more funding into both research and support is greater than ever.
The 8th Annual National Dementia Conference will bring together senior level experts to discuss the future challenges and opportunities which relate to the implementation of an ongoing national framework for dementia services.
- Rae Lamb, Aged Care Complaints Commissioner
- Maree McCabe, Interim CEO, Alzheimer’s Australia
- Tim Parry, Director of Communications and Brand, Alzheimer’s Research UK
- Professor Peter Schofield, Interim Director, NHMRC National Institute for Dementia Research
- Ann Wunsch, Executive Director Programs, Australian Aged Care Quality Agency
- Kirby Young, Program Director, Allied Health and Ambulatory Services, Cabrini Brighton and Cabrini Allied Health Centre
- Dr Catherine Travers, Research Officer at the Dementia Collaborative Research Centre, Queensland University of Technology
- Fred Graham, CNC Dementia & Delirium, Princess Alexandra Hospital
- Leah Bisiani, Managing Director, Uplifting Dementia
- Meredith Gardiner, Occupational Therapist, Gold Coast Hospitals and Health Service
- Improving care and recognition of dementia
- Dementia friendly communities
- Insights into the hospital dementia experience
- Meeting the unmet need
- Implementing evidence-based care
- Dementia research updates
- Consumer address
- Dementia gets dolled up
To ensure the most pertinent issues are covered, we are inviting topic and speaker submissions for the development of the comprehensive two day program. The Conference will be a great opportunity to interact with like-minded people. If you wish to contribute to the program, please contact the Conference Producer at Lisa.Hedlund@informa.com.au.
Registrations for the event are now open. To help with your planning, we've introduced a super early bird rate for the 2017 conference Save $660.00 for the full two day conference by registering before Friday 28th October.
Click here to view last year's presentations.