Online Retail Logistics 2014
The growth of online retail has been driven by many factors, from the recently strong Australian dollar to the global transition in shopping trends which has resulted in a new type of consumer and a shift in the way retailers do business.
The increase in online shopping has a huge impact for the logistics and distribution industries. Customers shop online for price but also for convenience. Most online stores offer next day, or just in time delivery, a range of delivery solutions, as well as allowing return of unsuitable items. This is an attempt to emulate some of the benefits of the traditional bricks and mortar store where customers can just walk in and buy something on the spot.
Logistics is key to the success of this industry. The Online Retail Logistics Conference will explore challenges that retailers face in working with their supply chains, with key industry figures sharing their knowledge and expertise to help you unlock the potential of online sales.
Industry leading speakers include:
- David Shafer, Executive Director, Kogan.com
- Paul Greenberg, Chairman, National Online Retailers Association
- Michael Vaughan, National Transport Manager, Super Retail Group
- Carl Hartmann, CEO, Temando
- Stuart Harker, Global Retail & Consumer Advisory Partner, PricewaterhouseCoopers Australia
- Tony Nash, CEO, Booktopia
- Leigh Williams, Founder, eStore Logistics
- Mehdi Fassaie, CEO & Co-Founder, ParcelPoint
Key discussions include:
- Global consumerism update
- What is an omni channel brand experience?
- Analysing warehouse locations for optimum distribution
- Using wireless technology to understand your customer
- The future of PurePlay
- Ensuring carrier capacity and capability