Online Retail Logistics Conference
Creating efficient supply chains to seamlessly serve your customer
Online retail continues to grow in Australia with an estimated worth of $22.1 billion last year - a 7% increase on the year before. According to the NAB, Australia’s spent $17.5 billion on online retail in the 12 months to August 2015. This level is equivalent to 7.1% of spending at traditional bricks & mortar retailers as measured by the ABS (excluding cafes, restaurants and takeaway food, to create a like-for-like comparison) in the 12 months to July 2015.
As the market continues to grow it is also constantly evolving. The impact of this growth and evolution flows directly to the logistics and distribution industries too. Customer satisfaction is key, supply chain visibility is increasingly important and the price war is on for so many retailers.
Kim Winter, Global CEO, Logistics Executive
Confirmed speakers to date:
Phillip Haddad, Chief Operating Officer, Booktopia
Mile Sucur, Commercial Manager, CT Freight
Fran Ereira, Vice President APAC, Temando
Charlie McDonald, General Manager, Manufacturing, Transport & Logistics Industry, Telstra
Senior Representative, DHL
Topics for 2016 include:
- Australia's online retailing legislation and consumer protection laws
- The impact of Australia Post’s changing business model and potential privatization
- The changing logistics model for international online retailers looking for space in Australia
- Growth of hybrid models with traditional bricks and mortar retailers expanding online presence
- The challenge of rural consumers in Australia
- Cost saving innovations and technology in logistics and warehousing
- Warehouse design and technology
- Commercial rents and the increased demand for warehouse space near urban centres
- Dealing with rapid expansion and customer service engagement
Click here to view the presentations from the 2014 Online Retail Logistics Conference.