Health Insurance Summit
Informa Australia are delighted to announce the 15th Annual Health Insurance Summit which will take place on the 28th and 29th of July at the Swissotel Sydney. The event will focus on restructuring private health insurance to balance Australia’s legislative, regulatory and economic realities.
Healthcare in Australia is under increasing pressure as and rising costs for medicines and medical technologies continue to rise. With the growth in the rate of healthcare expenditure and health insurance premiums once again set to rise of the first of April, the Private Health Insurance (PHI) industry is once again at the centre of public and Government debate.
Join senior level industry experts from public and private sectors and government to openly discuss the future of PHI, the emerging trends and challenges and potential resolutions.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Dr Stephen Duckett, Health Program Director, Grattan Institute
- Dr Paul Gross, Director, Institute of Health Economics and Technology Assessment in Australia and Greater China
- Roger Styles, Chief Executive, Health Funds Association of New Zealand
- James Downie, CEO, Independent Hospital Pricing Authority
- Dr Rachel David, Chief Executive, Private Healthcare Australia
- Ian McAuley, Lecturer in Public Sector Finance, University of Canberra
- Dr Andrew Wilson, Executive General Manager - Provider Networks & Integrated Care, Medibank Private
- Dr Linda Swan, Chief Medical Officer, Medibank Private
- Rhod McKensey, Group Executive – Australian Residents Health Insurance, NIB
- Leanne Wells, CEO, Consumer Health Frorum of Australia
- Susi Tegen, Chief Executive, Medical Technology Association of Australia
- Shahadat Uddin, Lecturer, Complex Systems Research Group, Faculty of Engineering & IT, University of Sydney
- Richard Fiddis, Managing Director, Civica International
- Dr Avnesh Ratnanesan, Chief Executive Officer, Energesse
This year's topics will include:
- Private Health Insurance Senior Representatives Panel
- The rising cost of health and its implications for PHI
- An examination of health reform and social policy
- Can payment reforms reduce care costs and premiums?
- Can technology transform care systems?
- Health insurance regulation: Is innovation possible in the existing system?
- Enhancing the customer experience of PHI: Will this increase loyalty and value?
- The role of preventative health and healthcare
- Data analytics, consumer health and buying behaviours