About the event
The annual Global Iron Ore and Steel Conference is recognised as THE conference to keep yourself up to speed on the global outlook for iron ore and steel demand / supply balance, where industry leaders comment on their future plans, opportunities, challenges, threats and release new announcements that can shift the balance of the market.
The fluctuation of the iron ore market in the past few years has everyone concerned as to where the industry is heading. The raw material is a significant piece of Australia's economic mix impacting not just the mining industry but many adjoining sectors.
Topics to be covered at the 19th Annual Global Iron Ore & Steel Forecast include:
- Global economic and financial outlook
- Iron ore market outlook: Navigating and surviving excess supply
- The perspective on iron ore industry from producers
- Global supply outlook
- Australia - New projects & expansions
- The potential rationalisation of the Iron ore Industry and what this means for Australia?
- Volume from Brazil - what this means form the Asian market?
- Will Africa ever happen?
- Will other Pilbara projects get up?
- Iron ore price frontier: Impacts on mine closures and investment decisions
- Development and prospects of iron ore futures market
- Reality check from the investors
- Managing through the downturn and improving productivity in the new low price era
- Challenges going forward to service supply
- Remuneration in the iron ore sector
- Steel market outlook - Global & Asia
- Status of China's steel industry - Examining China's iron ore demands and future development directions
- What role other Asian country will play in picking up excess supply
- Scrap & rolling demand in China
Join the most senior iron ore and steel executives, fund managers, engineering firms, industry suppliers and many more under the one roof for 2 days of discussion, debate and private meetings. No other event provides this unrivalled opportunity to network with key clients and make new business connections.