The only Electronic Medication Management Summit in Australia will not only discuss the benefits of electronic prescribing and electronic medication management systems in reducing medication errors but also the challenges of implementation in the hospital and aged care setting. Creating the business case for EMM systems, setting specifications for electronic prescribing and best practice models for workflow management in hospitals and aged care facilities will be some of the topics covered on the agenda.
Electronic medication management projects require a strong and committed multi-disciplinary team. All key stakeholders must work together to plan for EMMs implementation. By their very nature these projects take time to be established and thus the challenges of communicating the overall vision, building trust and commitment within the healthcare setting, detailing technology procurement, understanding the demands that electronic medication management systems will make on IT network infrastructures, ensuring effective and safe roll-out, training and support are issues that senior managers and clinical leaders must be aware of.
This event, through both international and Australian key case studies, will aid state health departments, hospitals and aged care facilities looking to introduce electronic medication management systems and electronic prescribing to understand; the functions of such systems and their potential benefits, the motivations for electronic medication management adoption, how to ensure successful implementation, how to structure the planning process, the management of the project as a whole, the impact introduction of electronic medication management systems will have on workflow and efficiency.
The event will be covering these topics below:
• All stages of the implementation process: project initiation, implementation planning, system building and configuration, implementing system, ongoing review and evaluation of system
• Communicating the benefits of electronic prescribing and EMM systems to staff and patients
• Creating the business case for EMM systems
• Setting standards and specifications for electronic prescribing
• The challenges of adopting new technology
• Understanding best practice models for workflow management
• Managing change and gaining staff buy-in
• Examining privacy, security and risk management in relation to EMM systems
If you’d like more information on the conference, please check out the website here.