InterSystems, a Silver Exhibitor at the recent eMedication Management Conference, recently announced HealthShare Personal Community, a patient engagement solution that provides patients with an easy-to-understand and comprehensive view of their health information.
* * *
SYDNEY, Aust., April 14, 2015 – InterSystems, the global leader in software for connected care, today announced HealthShare Personal Community, a patient engagement solution built on the interoperable InterSystems HealthShare® health informatics platform. InterSystems unveiled Personal Community at the annual HIMSS (Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society) conference in Chicago.
Personal Community is a configurable, vendor-neutral patient engagement solution for healthcare providers that gives patients an easy-to-understand, comprehensive view of their health information. It supports services such as appointments, prescription refills, provider-patient dialogue and patient education. Because Personal Community is built on the HealthShare interoperable foundation, it provides patients as well as their authorised representatives a single point of access to electronic medical records in multiple formats and from many care settings – removing the hassle of managing multiple portals and passwords.
Patients can view, download and transmit all or portions of their records to other members of the care team. An intuitive interface makes it easy for patients to review the medical record for accuracy, helping them partner with their providers for safer, high-quality care.
Early patient portals were one-dimensional personal health record (PHR) applications that required the patient to enter extensive personal data – dooming them to failure. Second-generation portals, driven by meaningful use requirements in the U.S., are single-source solutions tethered to individual electronic health record (EHR) systems, resulting in fragmented health information. Personal Community is the first third-generation patient engagement platform designed from the ground up on an interoperable foundation, ensuring the patient has a single gateway to medical records across the care continuum.
Personal Community is an outgrowth of InterSystems’ deep experience and investment in health information exchange worldwide.
“The vision behind HealthShare is simple: to transform healthcare by sharing health information and connecting communities. In addition to providing the interoperability platform connecting private health systems, regional health information exchanges and national health systems around the world, we are now building solutions that directly empower patients and enhance their relationships with physicians, care managers, health plans and everyone else involved in their care,” said Joe DeSantis, Vice President, HealthShare Platforms, InterSystems.
Personal Community Availability and Features
Unlike single-source EHR-based portals created purely to “check the box” for U.S. meaningful use requirements, HealthShare Personal Community supports patient-centric communication for care coordination. It offers a real-time, intuitive view of all the information in the composite health record.
The look and feel of Personal Community is fully configurable to support the organisation’s branding and market identity. The customer determines what data and what format to present to patients, the enrolment model most appropriate to the population, and the local content and reference materials to complement the overall engagement strategy.
Personal Community is available immediately. Pricing is based on the size and scope of the customer’s healthcare operations.
Designed for healthcare systems, health insurance providers, and private and public health information exchanges, Personal Community provides these capabilities:
• Intuitive health timeline. Personal Community displays information in a variety of intuitive formats designed for patient use. Health history can be viewed in an episodic timeline, or information such as medications can be searched and viewed directly.
• Secure Messaging. Patients can communicate with any member of their care team connected to Personal Community. Messages can be delivered via Direct or other standards, or directly into the in box of the clinician’s system.
• Enrolment and Proxy. Enrolment is handled at the point of care, initiated by a patient or via an external application such as a registration system. Patients can assign family members or others on the care team as proxies who can view their records.
• Convenience Services. Referral and prescription refill requests, appointment scheduling services, form and document management, and similar services are available to support efficient patient-provider interactions.
• Local education content. Health providers can add local news and events, links to community resources and relevant patient education materials to create a trusted information environment that enhances the patient-provider relationship.
• Workbench and configuration. A full back-office management portal is included for enrolment, proxy assignment, task management and customisation. Configuration capabilities include the look and feel, the functions to display, and when and how data should be provided to patients, including terminology translation.
“InterSystems believes that enabling healthcare applications and communities to work together, in an easy and meaningful way, empowers healthcare organisations to make long-term improvements that change patients’ lives for the better. Personal Community is the latest example of our commitment to deliver solutions for better, more connected care,” added Paul Grabscheid, Vice President, Strategic Planning, for InterSystems.
For more information about the InterSystems HealthShare family of extensible, interoperable healthcare solutions, please visit www.intersystems.com/healthshare.
* * *
Like what you see? Join our healthcare mailing list and be the first to know about new program launches, healthcare insights and special promotions.
[contact-form to=’firstname.lastname@example.org’ subject=’InterSystems Media Release opt-in’][contact-field label=’Name’ type=’name’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Job Title’ type=’text’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Company / Organisation’ type=’text’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Email’ type=’email’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Sign me up!’ type=’checkbox’ required=’1’/][/contact-form]