This site is operated by a business or businesses owned by Informa PLC and all copyright resides with them. Informa PLC's registered office is 5 Howick Place, London SW1P 1WG. Registered in England and Wales. Number 3099067.
NT Resources Week is just around the corner and we were able to speak with one of the workshop hosts at the event, Bernie Garrett, about leadership and it’s impact on sales.
1. The hallmark of successful leadership is influence – can you elaborate on this?
If you desire to be successful in life and have a positive impact on the world around you, regardless of what you do, you must become a person of influence. If you are in sales and you want to sell more products, you must be able to influence your customers. If you are a Manager, your success will depend on your ability to influence your employees. If you are a coach, you need the ability to influence your team to succeed. Leadership is the ability to influence another person or persons who in turn want to follow you, because of what you and how you do it.
2. “Buying with emotion, justifying with logic” – how relevant is this to successful sales development?
Everything we buy in life is bought through an emotional decision to buy a “specific” product or service. Unfortunately, 95% of people exchange logic through a transaction, not emotion, which in turn makes the buying decision all that harder and transactional, causing indecision and mistrust between the seller and purchaser. There is an old adage that says, “People don’t care what you know, until they know that you care.” Imagine that every time you wanted to buy a product, it was like buying from your best friend. You have a great relationship with them and you trust them. To fully understand the impact of Emotional connections with customers, increases your ability to successfully sell your products and services by 95%
3. You will be revealing some of your top tips during the workshop at NT Resources Week – what else can delegates expect from this thought provoking session? The greatest potential to increase your sales revenue is with your existing client base and learning how to generate new clients.
• Get your customers to refer your business to their client base.
• Increase your relationship with your customers so they want to refer your business.
• Expand your client base by learning the simple “Laws of Networking”?
• Increase your sales revenue by adding value to someone else’s business