In the current environment of constant change and rapidly emerging technologies, it is essential for organisations to future proof themselves. Strategic Workforce Planning helps organisations avoid ad-hoc and knee-jerk reactions to the volatile environment. It forces organisations to look at the future of their industry and their customers changing needs and take a proactive approach to recruiting and developing skills within
Key Learning Objectives
- Discover the importance and benefits of Strategic Workplace Planning
- Future proof your organisation
- Work through the cycle of Strategic Workplace Planning
- Analyse your organisation’s current position and potential vulnerabilities
- Analyse the future needs of your organisation
- Learn to set more effective organisational goals and Key Performance Indicators
- Learn to conduct a Gap Analysis to help with planning
- Use a SWOT analysis to plan for the future
- Develop strategies to bridge the gap between the current and future needs of your organisation
- Make effective recommendations to senior management
- Effectively evaluate the plan and prepare for the next cycle
About the Course
This intensive two day workshop is designed to introduce the concept of Strategic Workplace Planning and guide you through the process. Future proofing your organisation against internal and external environmental changes is a significant challenge for organisations today. Whether it is changes in the political environment, a changing customer demographic, emerging technologies or even your own unanticipated success, change is impacting all organisations constantly.
Learn how to anticipate and plan for the future needs of your organisation. Undertaking an analysis of current and future needs to ensure organisational capacity, and then using that analysis to ensure you have the right people with the right skills in the right place at the right time.
You will come away with a range of practical tools and techniques for Strategic Workplace Planning which can be immediately implemented within your organisation to ensure a smoother transition from where you are now to where you need or want to be in the future.
The workshop will draw on real scenarios from the participant group as well as case studies, practical examples and small group discussion.
Who Will Benefit
The program is designed for Human Resource and Learning and Development professionals who wish to undertake the Workforce Planning Process.
“Outstanding! Adam is a talented communicator and made a complex and potentially dry subject extremely accessible, intensely stimulating, educative and fun!!! Commendable!!”
“Adam has amazing knowledge and the ability to share and let you understand it. I love listening to Adam. Never a dull moment. Extremely informative.”
“The facilitator was excellent. He was very entertaining yet informative and highly intelligent. The content of the workshop was relevant both to the workplace and life generally.”
“Very enjoyable training. Adam had lots of useful examples and had a great energy to run an enjoyable session.”
The group will work through the program either using their own organisational examples or working through a generic case study. The two days will be full of practical experiences, small group discussion and instructor lead activities.
Introduction to Strategic Workplace Planning
- What is Strategic Workplace Planning?
- How would you define Strategic Workplace Planning?
- Why is Strategic Workplace Planning important?
- What are the benefits of Strategic Workplace Planning?
The Strategic Workplace Planning Cycle
- An overview of the Strategic Workplace Planning cycle
- Introduction of Case Studies
- Participants will apply the planning cycle to their own workplace or to a generic case study
Understanding your current position
- Beyond just the numbers
- Conducting a current talent audit
- Assessing the ‘flight risk of staff’
Future business goals
- Conducting a PEST analysis
- Reviewing the current organisational mission/vision
- Ensuring alignment
- Setting organisational goals and objectives
- Effective Key Performance Indicators
- Participants will conduct a PEST analysis to their case study and also develop a set of measurable goals
- What skills are needed
- What skills exist
- What is the gap
- Utilising a SWOT analysis for better outcomes
- Participants will conduct a SWOT analysis to their case study
Closing the gap
- Developing strategies to close the gap
- When to retain
- When to recruit
- When to outsource?
- Introduction to Talent Management
- Revisiting the flight risk
- How to retain key team members
Getting the green light
- Prioritising the plan
- Making the pitch to senior management
- What to include and what to avoid
- Participants will develop a senior management pitch for their case study
- Developing timelines
- Gantt charts and action plans
- Key components of implementation
- Participants will develop an implementation timeline for their case study
Evaluation and revision
- The three levels of success
- Report on recommendations
Personal action plan
- Individuals with develop an action plan to take back to their workplace to help implement practical and realistic Strategic Workplace Planning processes, or to improve their current ones
when & where
17 - 18 Mar 2020
On-site & in-house training
Deliver this course how you want, where you want, when you want – and save up to 40%! 8+ employees seeking training on the same topic?
Talk to us about an on-site/in-house & customised solution.