Key Learning Objectives
- Understand the Current Threat Landscape
- Understand Current Organisational Risk Trends
- Understand Cyber Risk Management Fundamentals
- Understand Key Frameworks and Methodologies
- Identify Cyber Security Risks
- Articulate Cyber Security Risks as Business Consequences
- Understand the Risk Management Life Cycle
- Understand Business Cost-Benefit Analysis Techniques
About the Course
The threat of cybercrime is widespread and continues to effect individuals, organisations and governments worldwide. Professionals need a sound understanding of Cyber Security Risk and how it affects them and their organisation. Cyber Security Risk Management is becoming a key requirement for any organisation, guiding not only IT based decisions but business-area priorities as well. In this course, you will learn about the relationship between cyber security risk and business value, articulate business consequences for identified risks and develop essential skills to communicate a clear and concise message.
Organisations are only as strong as their weakest link and cyber security is becoming more and more important at the c-suite and board level. It is critical that businesses have a workforce that are cyber-aware and understand the environment and risks faced in the digital age.
This workshop will provide participants with the key concepts and knowledge to effectively apply Cyber Security Risk Fundamentals to their organisation and understand key business priorities to technical vulnerabilities.
This is a highly interactive course that will use a case study organisation. Participants will work individually and in groups to perform the course exercises using the case study organisation.
Who Should Attend
- Cyber Security Engineers, Specialists, Analysts, Architects, Officers, Managers, or Directors
- Information Security, Information Technology/IT Security, or Business Security: Personnel, Officers, Engineers, Specialists, Analysts, Architects, Executives, Associates, Consultants, Managers, or Directors
- Systems Administrators, Network Architects or Engineers, (Forensics) Investigators, Auditors, Strategists, Systems Engineers or Integrators, and Technology Evangelists
- Software Developers, Project Managers, General Managers and others involved in the creation, maintenance, or enforcement of the organisational cyber security policy, practices and procedures
- Anyone who needs to understand the implications of cyber security on their technology and overall business operations
The Current Cyberspace Environment
- Introduction to Cyber Risk
- Developing awareness of the cyber threat
- How digital transformation impacts cyber security
- Privacy and Security
- New Cyber Trends
Cyber Risk Fundamentals
- Why is Cyber Risk important?
- Determining Risk
- Risk Management Life Cycle
- Frameworks and methodologies
- Common Tools
- Threat and Vulnerability Identification
- Likelihood and Impact Analysis
- Cost-Benefit Analysis
- Availability and Reliability
- Risk Evaluation
- Business Consequences
- Management Consulting Techniques
On-site & in-house training
Deliver this course how you want, where you want, when you want – and save up to 40%! 8+ employees seeking training on the same topic?
Talk to us about an on-site/in-house & customised solution.