Key Learning Objectives
- Understand the oil and gas industry structure
- Understand the LNG project lifecycle
- Discover contemporary issues and industry trends
- Discover technical aspects of oil and gas creation and development
- Understand the gas liquefaction process
- Discover how LNG is stored, loaded and shipped
- Review the structure of LNG receiving terminals
- Appreciate LNG hazards and safety considerations
About the Course
LNG Series: Course 1 – Course Level: Basic/Foundational
First in our LNG training series, this basic level introductory course will benefit those who have no background in LNG, and who need an appreciation of how the LNG business works and how they contribute to the big picture.
The international LNG industry has seen growing since its inception. Natural gas is liquefied to enable transportation where pipelines are impossible or uneconomic.
Specialised facilities are required to liquefy, store, ship, receive and return the liquid gas to its natural state – each stage of this chain is interdependent of each other.
This course provides a framework that participants can build on as their career grows. It explains how the LNG industry has evolved, and the technical aspects that support it.
An introduction to terminology will help participants build their confidence to participate in this new industry.
Actual case histories will be used frequently to demonstrate learning points.
Who Will Benefit
This course is a basic level introductory course. It is designed for people who want an awareness of how the LNG business works and is organised. It provides a framework that participants can build on as their career grows.
- New employees to the LNG sector those aspiring to join it
- Those who work with LNG sector clients
- Those wishing to break into the dynamic business opportunities in the LNG sector
- Those who wish to understand the industry’s jargon and mechanics
- Those wishing to invest in the LNG sector
A CPD Course
Use this course to help fulfil your Continuing Professional Development (CPD) educational requirements to retain your professional/chartered status. Contact your relevant association to learn how
“Michael had the ability to communicate complex concepts in a simple and clear manner”
Commercial Manager, QGC
“The instructors have a tremendous background in the LNG industry. Their vast experience proved to be invaluable as they shared with us the details of LNG”
AN LNG INDUSTRY OVERVIEW
- The global LNG trade and Australia’s place in the industry
- How and why the LNG industry keeps growing
- Who produces and who buys LNG
THE FUNDAMENTALS OF GAS
- How petroleum is formed
- The composition of gas types and their value
- How gas is measured
IS IT COMMERCIAL?
- The appraisal and modelling process for petroleum fields
- Estimating reserves – probabilities versus possibilities
- How much can be commercial extracted and is it enough
FROM GAS TO LIQUID
- The history of liquefaction
- The chemistry of liquefaction
- The mechanics of liquefaction
STORING AND LOADING LNG
- LNG tank options
- Storing and moving LNG more efficiently and safely
- LNG loading processes
- Modern shipping options
- LNG carrier types
- Nothing wasted – using boil-off gas as a propulsion fuel
- Standards and codes
- From Heads of Agreement to Sales and Purchase Agreements
- The contractual complexities of selling LNG
- Long-term versus spot market sales
INFLUENCING THE FUTURE
- The role of governments
- Global policy trends and how they are affecting LNG
- LNG in a changing energy market
On-site & in-house training
Deliver this course how you want, where you want, when you want – and save up to 40%! 8+ employees seeking training on the same topic?
Talk to us about an on-site/in-house & customised solution.