Key Learning Objectives
- Apply proven principles of persuasion and influence to ensure winwin outcomes
- Improve the results of your negotiations by following key principles and procedures
- Optimise your pre-negotiation preparation to ensure improved outcomes
Understand, recognise and manage negotiation tactics and negative behaviours
- Recognise different behavioural types and learn ways to relate better to others
- Understand and utilise key communication tools to improve your influence on others
- Integrate, combine and apply a range of value adding communication, persuasion and negotiation skills
About the Course
This course combines negotiation, persuasion, influence and communication. These skills are interrelated and their cumulative effect results in a powerful and memorable learning experience.
In the business environment, competition is fierce and you need all the tools you can get to enable you to gain a competitive advantage. This course has direct application for complex transactions in your professional life, right through to interpersonal communication in your personal life.
Effective communication is crucial to negotiation, persuasion and relating to different human behaviours. The ability to listen, ask the right questions at the right time and come across with confidence and credibility is an important part of the subtle mix of skills needed to succeed in our complex world.
Powerful negotiation is a fine art and compelling to watch, as is the delicate ability to persuade and influence others. However, the goal of this course is to focus on and refine your skills and techniques so that your negotiations and persuasions have even more successful outcomes, significantly improving your performance.
Who Will Benefit
This course is relevant for all those looking to improve their skills in communicating, negotiation and persuading in the workplace, at any level. It teaches general principles of negotiation, persuasion and communication and can act as a useful refresher in an interactive environment.
Enhancing your speaking, presentation & delivery skills
- Developing a strong speaking and presentation style in formal and informal contexts
- Utilising the elements of engaging, effective and influential communication
- Applying simple tools and techniques in presenting to an audience large or small
- Building confidence in your presentation technique
Games people play
- Recognising and handling negative tactics
- Specific tactics
- Understanding and removing hidden agendas
- Understanding your rights
- Dealing with difficult people
- Tackling behavioural issues with the other party
- Knowing when to be assertive
Application & integration of negotiation , persuasion & communication techniques
- Putting the techniques of negotiation, persuasion and communication together
- Applying key elements in the business context
On-site & in-house training
Deliver this course how you want, where you want, when you want – and save up to 40%! 8+ employees seeking training on the same topic?
Talk to us about an on-site/in-house & customised solution.