Key Learning Objectives
- Know how to align and use clinical governance to achieve compliance with the NDIS Quality and Safeguarding framework
- Understand clinical governance, how it improves outcomes and prevents harm to your clients, your staff, and your organisation
- Discover the key components of a clinical governance framework to become a high performing organisation
- Practically apply clinical governance systems to share accountability for delivering excellence in practice across all levels of staff
About the Course
The intention of this full day interactive workshop is to simplify governance for quality and safeguarding in disability, providing strategies to make it easier to achieve service excellence with efficiency.
The course content, activities and discussion will give you the opportunity to consider ways to implement and improve your clinical governance systems and practice, become a provider of choice and ensure your organisation meets regulatory expectations, including:
- discussing the foundations of clinical governance and the impacts of the Royal Commission and the safeguarding task force.
- unpacking what effective clinical governance looks like in practice, covering the key components used by high performing organisations to enable practice improvement and better outcomes for clients.
- reflecting on the key components of clinical governance systems to help you apply what you have learned to your organisation.
Who Will Benefit
This course is designed for those accountable for the planning, delivery and evaluation of disability services. It is particularly suited to people who are new to clinical governance in disability, or people looking to increase the effectiveness of existing systems to improve practice and outcomes for consumers, including:
- General Managers, CEOs and COOs
- Service Managers
- Quality, Compliance, Safety and Risk Managers
Live Online Training
Learn Anywhere, Learn Anytime
Catering to meet all your learning needs:
- Get high quality practical training from our expert instructors
- From Face To Face, Online and Blended Learning, get a superior solution for your learning needs
- Learn live online in an interactive environment
- Invest in yourself. Invest in your team.
Register today for our Live Online Training courses and fi nd out how they can help you transform the way you work. Contact one of our training consultants on firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more.
Part 1: Governance Framework
1. Foundations of governance for quality and safeguarding, and governance issues facing the disability sector today
- Background to clinical governance, and common governance failures
- Requirements of the NDIS Quality and Safeguards Framework, and impacts of the Disability Royal Commission and Safeguarding Task Force
- Key outcomes of a clinical governance framework
2. Creating and leading a culture for governance that high performing organisations embody to move beyond compliance towards excellence
- Alignment of purpose and values for quality and safeguarding
- Governing Body and Quality & Safeguarding Committee obligations
- Roles and accountabilities for service excellence and compliance
3. Partnering with clients to improve outcomes and satisfaction
- Client participation in clinical governance
- Client-centred and goal-oriented support
- Client choice and dignity of risk
4. Designing service models to support staff to provide high quality support
- Systems approach to service design
- Procedure informed practice
- Documentation and client information
Part 2: Governance Systems in action
5. Building a capable workforce to deliver safe practice and better outcomes for clients
- Workplace culture for safe environment and service excellence
- Worker recruitment, screening, and supervision
- Supporting practice improvement and performance development
6. Quality, safety and risk systems to monitor, prevent harm, learn from errors and continuously improve
- Managing risk in the delivery of support
- Managing incidents and complaints and monitoring trends
- Effective internal audit and quality improvement
7. Data collection and performance evaluation systems to facilitate decision making and measure success
- Quality of Care and Quality of Life measures
- Client outcomes
8. Apply governance systems to high-prevalence risk areas within disability services:
- Positive Behaviour Support and Restrictive Practice
when & where
25 Feb 2021
26 Aug 2021
On-site & in-house training
Deliver this course how you want, where you want, when you want – and save up to 40%! 8+ employees seeking training on the same topic?
Talk to us about an on-site/in-house & customised solution.