Pharmacokinetics is an important discipline, imperative to the development of new medicines. With no prior knowledge assumed, this six-module course will familiarise you with the core aspects of pharmacokinetics. You will learn important definitions, how to analyse pharmacokinetic data, the relationship between pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics, drug-drug interactions and regulatory requirements. On top of this, you will be able to consolidate your knowledge with two case studies, both detailing practical uses of pharmacokinetics.
What Will You Learn?
- Familiarise yourself with the key principles of Pharmacokinetics, including: absorption, distribution, metabolism and excretion.
- Understand how to present Pharmacokinetic results to the regulators
- Consolidate your knowledge with case studies and understand the relevance of Pharmacokinetics in practice
- Address the fundamental areas of PK, including definitions, data analysis and regulatory expectations
Who Should Attend?
This course is aimed at anyone who comes into contact with PK/PD data but does not require specialist knowledge in the field. No previous knowledge of PK/ PD is assumed.
Relevant Departments include:
– Research & Development
– Preclinical Development
– Licensing & Business Development
– Clinical Operations
– Regulatory Affairs
– Clinical Pharmacology
What is an Online Academy course
Online academy is a new online, interactive and engaging education tool designed to maximise learning for professionals with busy schedules and/or small training budgets.
The online academy brings alike professionals together and gives you the opportunity to share ideas and questions via the discussion forum creating your own professional community. Our on-demand feature means the content is available as and when you need it allowing greater flexibility to your professional development and learning.
Benefits of an Online Academy Course
- Learn and apply – implement what you learn during the course
- Become part of a professional learning community – discuss any problems with students and/or the trainer
- Time effective – bitesize chunks so it does not impact on your normal working day
- Cost effective – no travel expenses
- Grow as a team – with multiple licenses your team can access the course and learn together, no matter where they are in the world
Online Academy Video
Do sessions go out live?
No, all content is recorded and a set number of modules are released per week. You have unlimited access to module content once it has been released for the duration of the course and an additional two months.
Can I join after the course start date?
Yes, because modules are not live and all content is recorded you can catch up. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to enquire about joining a course after the start date.
Can I still take part if I’m away for part of the course run?
Yes. Online Academies provide a flexible learning format. As modules are not released live and are available for review, you will be able to catch up.
How long is my enrolment on the course?
You are enrolled on the course for the period that modules are being released and the trainer is active on the discussion forum (this varies from course to course – between 3 – 8 weeks) and for an additional 2 months after this to review course content.
Who do I contact if I have any problems while the course is running?
You should contact PTI.MDTI.ATIemail@example.com
When will I receive my log-on details for the course?
Once you have paid, a member of the team will be in touch with your log-in details. We must receive payment for you to access the course.
How can I access the content?
Content is hosted on our Learning Management System, which you access using your device. A link will be provided to you with your log-in details.
What if I need extra time on the course?
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like extra time on your course beyond the enrolment period. Extra time is subject to approvals and fees may apply.
About PTI - Pharmaceutical Training International
PTI is a global interactive training partner committed to the personal progression of aspiring life science professionals. We have a network of expert trainers who have a minimum of 10 years’ industry experience to meet your training requirements and all our courses are CPD certified.
Our vision is to enhance key skills and competencies to drive continuous innovation and accelerate drug development. When you invest in a PTI course we want you to feel secure, inspired and ready to take on new challenges.
After completing a PTI course, you will be awarded with the CPD Certification certificate. This is a recognised independent CPD accreditation compatible with global CPD principles.
The Certificate of Achievement provides proof that you have taken the course and can be used on your CV or work portfolio.
Module 1: Fundamentals of Pharmacokinetics
- Role of PK
Module 2: Pharmacokinetic Analysis
- First and Zero Order Processes
- Non-compartmental Analysis
- Compartmental Analysis
- Elimination Half-life
- Volume of Distribution
Module 3: Drug-Drug Analysis
- Definitions of Drug Interactions
- Drug Metabolism
- Enzyme Inhibition and Induction
- Reaction Phenotyping
- Study Design
- Transporter Interactions
Module 4: Regulatory Guidelines
- PK Results Presentation
- Individual and Mean PK Profiles
- Variability in PK
- Crossover Study Design
- Statistical Analysis
- Sample Size Calculation
- First In Man Guideline
Module 5: PK/PD Studies
- Single and Multiple Dose PK Studies
- Linear PK
- Absolute and Relative Bioavailability, Bioequivalence
- Food Effect study
- Direct vs Indirect PK/PD
Module 6: Pharmacokinetics of Biologics & Population Pharmacokinetics
- Definitions of Biological Drugs
- Biological Drugs ADME
- PK of Biological Drugs Guideline
- Fundamental of Population PK
- Role of Population PK
- Application of Population PK
when & where
09 Nov 2020
On-site & in-house training
Deliver this course how you want, where you want, when you want – and save up to 40%! 8+ employees seeking training on the same topic?
Talk to us about an on-site/in-house & customised solution.