Key Learning Objectives
- Examine ‘best practice BCM’ using current standards and guidelines
- Understand the key elements of a business continuity management process
- Recognise the link between risk management and business continuity management
- Create business continuity strategies and plans for day-to-day operations
- Explore the elements of corporate crisis management
- Become familiar with a business continuity management training rehearsal and maintenance regime
About the Course
If a sudden crisis affects an organisation the potential for loss is enormous. Loss of turnover and profit are two measurable impacts. However, some impacts are harder to measure, but just as devastating to the ‘health’ of an organisation.
Examples of such impacts can be the ‘human impacts’, pressure on the market value of the organisation, client attrition, loss of supplier and stakeholder confidence and tarnished reputation and image.
Development of detailed business continuity plans is the best way to prepare and to cope efficiently with unexpected, high-impact events.
A key element of developing such plans is being able to recognise the risks your organisation faces.
This course will show you how to link risk management and business continuity management to produce a holistic approach to protecting the value creating activities of your organisation.
Who Will Benefit
This course is designed for anyone involved in risk and business continuity management for organisations
For those just starting out in these disciplines, this course will provide the skills needed to develop a sound business continuity management process.
Live Online Training
Learn Anywhere, Learn Anytime
Enroll today for Informa Live Online Training
- Get high quality practical training from our expert instructors
- Learn live online in an interactive environment
- Invest in yourself. Invest in your team.
Register today for our Live Online Training courses and find out how they can help you transform the way you work. Contact one of our training consultants on email@example.com to find out more.
“Pragmatic approach – flexible to tailor course to specific requirements. (Peter was) Knowledgeable – excellent communication skills.”
Senior Management Accountancy, Medibank Private
“Practical and structured. Gives me a firm basis to work on in my own situation.”
Project Officer, University of Melbourne
Overview of business continuity management
- The key elements of a business continuity management process
- Examination of current standards and guidelines
- Introduction to a ‘good practice’ business continuity management methodology
Business continuity planning for day-to-day operations
- Project planning for business continuity
- Management endorsement and support
- Identifying ‘business as usual functions’
- Identifying key business processes
- Business impact assessment
- Developing practical/pragmatic recovery strategies
- Implementing the resources needed to support business recovery
- IT disaster recovery and how it fits with business continuity
Activity:Identifying recovery priorities
Exercise: A simple exercise to illustrate what is important in a crisis
- Tips on undertaking a business impact assessment
Examining the organisation’s response to a crisis
- Staff welfare and safety
- Occupational health and safety
- Incident assessment
- Incident escalation
- Crisis management
- Effective decision-making
- Crisis communications
- Longer-term recovery
Activity: Development of response plans for crisis scenarios
Exercise: to practice crisis management
- Using forms and checklists in the crisis management process
Business continuity management training rehearsal & maintenance
- Effective response training methodologies
- Instilling staff confidence and competence in using business continuity plans
- Testing the recovery infrastructure
- Keeping the business continuity process up-to-date
Course review & evaluation
- Recap of key learning outcomes from the two days
- Question and answer session
- Discussion and roundup
when & where
19 May 2020
17 Aug 2020
On-site & in-house training
Deliver this course how you want, where you want, when you want – and save up to 40%! 8+ employees seeking training on the same topic?
Talk to us about an on-site/in-house & customised solution.