A 5-day course leading to professional BSC certification by the US Balanced Scorecard Institute and the George Washington University College of Professional Studies
Key Learning Objectives
- Understand the key concepts of the Balanced Scorecard, and why it is gaining so much attention in corporate and governmental organisations
- Learn a systematic, nine step methodology for building and implementing the BSC, based on performance management theory
- Observe through demonstrations how Performance Management software can aid in collecting and reporting strategic performance information
- Receive a comprehensive workbook, including scorecard examples based on real organisations, and a Performance Scorecard Toolkit with worksheets for every step of the methodology
- Understand the challenges and pitfalls of strategic management and how to deal with them
About the Course
The Balanced Scorecard methodology is a strategic planning and management system that is used to achieve an organisation’s goals and to align its operational activities with
its vision and strategies. When successfully developed and applied in an organisation, the Balanced Scorecard is best practice modern management. It constructs performance management systems that work. It applies equally in the private, not-for-profit, and public sectors.
This 5 day course covers all of the steps in developing and implementing a balanced scorecard system in an organisation and satisfies the course requirements for Balanced Scorecard Professional Certification from the US Balanced Scorecard Institute and the George Washington University College of Professional Studies (exam required).
Fully consistent with the basic balanced scorecard concepts and terminology initially developed by Kaplan & Norton, the course covers scorecard development in business, government and nonprofit organisations. Participants get hands-on practice using a simple step-by-step process for developing a scorecard system on their own.
Who Should Attend
This course is designed for people in private, public or nonprofit sector organisations who have responsibility for building, implementing and maintaining a balanced scorecard or other performance management system. Typical attendees include those with responsibilities for implementing and/or maintaining a balanced scorecard system, developing effective performance measures; selecting software tools; cascading scorecards; reporting and evaluating strategic and operational performance data; and/or improving resource allocation decision making.
QT Gold Coast
7 Staghorn Ave
Surfers Paradise QLD 4217
07 5584 1200
Don’t miss the opportunity to complete the Balanced Scorecard Certification training whilst visiting one of Australia’s iconic destinations – the vibrant Gold Coast. With international travel back in full swing, there’s no better time to fit in work and pleasure then visiting the magnificent beaches, attractions, wildlife and gastronomy destinations this beautiful city has to offer!
With easy accessibility via Gold Coast International Airport or a one-hour drive from Brisbane, the Gold Coast is one of Australia’s best-connected cities. Year-round weather delivers basking sunshine over 300 days a year, perfectly suiting Balanced Scorecard Certification dates to fit in a timetable of work and play.
“This is really a useful course and highly related to my job. The trainer was knowledgeable and gave good examples and case studies to practice and understand the concepts.”
Head of Performance Management, SOCSO
“Instructor was excellent, easy to understand, friendly, knowledgeable and professional. His wide experience and coaching style facilitated for perfect learning environment.”
Head of Corporate Planning, Social Security Organisation
The Balanced Scorecard Professional Certification course combines an introduction and detailed overview of the modern balanced scorecard methodology with hands on application of the methodology to 2 case studies. The emphasis is on shared participant experiences, lessons learned and best balanced scorecard practices. Course content is focused on building and implementing a Balanced Scorecard using the detailed 9 step framework created by the Balanced Scorecard Institute.
Strategic Assessment & Planning
Step 1: Strategic Assessment
Step 2: Building Strategic Frameworks
Step 3: Developing Strategic Objectives
Step 4: Creating Strategy Maps & Commentaries
Step 5: Choosing Performance Measures & Targets
Step 6: Developing & Funding Strategic Initiatives
Step 7: Automating Scorecards & Analysis
Step 8: Cascading Scorecards
Step 9: Managing with a Scorecard System
Through case studies and a series of interactive small-group workshops, participants apply balanced scorecard concepts to meet the challenges facing a typical organisation. Exercises performed throughout this course include:
- Launching a BSC program and establishing work teams
- Incorporating communications planning & change management into the scorecard development process
- Using an organisational assessment to set vision, mission and strategy
- Understanding who your customers & stakeholders are and what they need from your organisation
- Developing an organisation’s strategic themes, strategic results & perspectives
- Developing & refining strategic objectives and strategy maps
- Developing & refining performance measures and targets, aligned to the strategy map
- Developing and prioritising new initiatives to execute strategy
- Aligning performance with mission, vision and strategy
- Defining requirements and selecting appropriate software
- Scorecard deployment, budget and time scheduling
when & where
23 - 27 Oct 2023
04 - 08 Dec 2023
On-site & in-house training
Deliver this course how you want, where you want, when you want – and save up to 40%! 8+ employees seeking training on the same topic?
Talk to us about an on-site/in-house & customised solution.