3 Day Training Course: Learn How To Build & Implement An Integrated Strategic Planning And Management System Based On The Balanced Scorecard
Key Learning Objectives
- Understand the key concepts of the Balanced Scorecard, and why it is gaining so much attention in corporate and governmental organisations
- Learn a systematic, nine step methodology for building and implementing the BSC, based on performance management theory
- Observe through demonstrations how Performance Management software can aid in collecting and reporting strategic performance information
- Understand the challenges and pitfalls of strategic management and how to deal with them
- Receive a 200 page workbook, including scorecard examples based on real organisations, and a Performance Scorecard Toolkit with worksheets for every step of the methodology
About the Course
The Balanced Scorecard is a strategic planning and management system that is used to align operational activities with the vision and strategy of an organisation, and to construct performance management systems that work. Successfully applied in small and large businesses, organisations and governments globally, the Balanced Scorecard is best practice modern management.
This introductory course provides an opportunity to gain a detailed and practical understanding of what a modern balanced scorecard system is, how it works and how to build one. Fullyconsistent with basic balanced scorecard concepts and terminology developed by Drs Kaplan & Norton, this comprehensive Introduction Course includes real-world examples and case studies as well as tools and templates that enable participants to master the steps in applying strategic planning and balanced scorecard concepts that can be applied in any commercial, government or nonprofit organisation.
The course covers the processes of creating a BSC system in a generic organisation – linking the organizational mission/vision and value statements into a BSC framework; development of strategic themes and perspectives; development of meaningful strategic objectives for an organisation; and development of theme based strategy maps.
Who Should Attend
Chief Executive Officers, General Managers, Senior Level Executives, Divisional Managers, HR Managers, Corporate Planners, Staff with Scorecard and KPI responsibilities.
The Introduction course introduces participants to the Nine Steps to Success TM balanced scorecard development methodology. Through the following modules, this course aims to provide those responsible for developing and implementing strategic plans and performance management programs with the knowledge and understanding necessary to develop and begin implementing a BSC program in their organisation:
Module 1: Introduction
Module 2: Overview of the Balanced Scorecard
Module 3: Building the Balanced Scorecard
Module 4: Implementing the Balanced Scorecard
Module 5: Next Steps
Module 6: Getting your Scorecard on track
Through case studies and a series of interactive small-group workshops, participants apply balanced scorecard concepts to meet the challenges facing a typical organisation. Exercises performed throughout this course include:
- Launching a BSC program and establishing work teams
- Using an organisational assessment to set vision, mission and strategy
- Developing an organisation’s strategic themes & perspectives
- Developing strategic objectives and strategy maps
- Developing performance measures aligned to the strategy map
- Developing and prioritising new initiatives to execute strategy
- Aligning performance with mission, vision and strategy
- Defining requirements and selecting appropriate software
- Scorecard deployment, budget and time scheduling
when & where
11 Feb 2019
10 Jun 2019
14 Oct 2019
18 Nov 2019
On-site & in-house training
Deliver this course how you want, where you want, when you want – and save up to 40%! 8+ employees seeking training on the same topic?
Talk to us about an on-site/in-house & customised solution.