Key Learning Objectives
- World class approaches to pricing ‘right’
- Distribution and channel management decision making
- Pros and Cons of multiple branding
- Making market research pay and pay and pay
- How to out-market without over spending
- Making the right call on new product development
- Better marketing planning
- Capitalising on digital communications
- Channel selection and decisions
- Garnering support from colleagues and stakeholders
- Findings right strategies according to circumstances beyond your control
- Optimising the marketing mix
About the Course
Philip Kotler once said, “Marketing takes a day to learn, and a lifetime to master”, but this intensive 2-day workshop, suitable for B2C and B2B marketers, will empower attendees with the key initiatives, models and issues to produce creative and profit-maximising strategies and tactics, in the both the short term and the long run. Delegates will complete the workshop with a wealth of knowledge in marketing management for coping with ever-changing market conditions and for optimal business and marketing decisions.
Who Will Benefit
- This commercially advanced course is relevant for ALL those who have dealings with marketing strategy and planning in the course of their work.
- The course assumes at least three years’ experience in a marketing capacity, and some rudimentary exposure to business management, control & reporting.
- It is ideal for self-taught marketers who want to expand their understanding of marketing knowledge, insights, perspectives and ability to explain successes from their own experience.
- Also VERY relevant to those who studied marketing full-time before commencing work and want to brush up on models with strong practical focus and application.
- MBAs wanting to plug in the key components of their studies to specific problems in their specific industry, company, or category.
Session 1: Introduction
- Meet & Greet
- Learning Goals
- Overview of the workshop
- Discussing goals, assumptions, expectations and ground rules
- Definitions, Perspectives & Basic Concepts.
GROUP EXERCISE: Expectations
Session 2: The Science & Keys for Perfect Pricing
- Price Perception
- Price and how it effects buying decisions.
- Path to purchase and buyer behaviour.
GROUP EXERCISE: Type classification and anticipated response
Session 3: People & Processes
- Fast track successful marketing, customer experience and more
- How to improve NPS (Net Promotor Score) without spending more
- Potent WOM and easier sales with minor process improvement
- How HR synchronises with Marketing
Session 4: Market Research & Segmentation
- Market Segmentation & perspective
- Psychographics, Behaviour & the Demographic Trap
- Differentiation & how to use (and abuse) it
- Qualitative research vs. quantitative research
GROUP EXERCISE: Justifying a Research investment
Session 5: Product Management, Portfolio & Strategic NPD (New Product Development)
- Understanding applied Product Analysis.
- NPD Options
- Branding for STP optimisation
- PR, ORM (Organisation Reputation Management) & Ethics
GROUP EXERCISE: Changing Perceptual Positioning Limitations of advertising, latitude of acceptance, brand equity considerations
Session 6: Marketing Communications
- B2C vs B2B
- Buyer Adoption
- Buyer Readiness
- Promotional Mix
- How Digital Fits
- Managing “Politics”
- Consumer Pull vs Trade Push considerations?
- Blue ocean strategies using pricing tactics
Session 7: Working With the Organisation: Macro, Micro & Leadership Issues
- Where are you now?
- Where do you want to be?
- How are you going to get there?
- Feedback, controls & measurement?
Session 8: Building Corporate Immortality
- Importance of Competitive Analysis and Competitive Intelligence
- Guidelines for Pricing Leadership
- Realities of Initiating Change and Direction with Pricing.
- Inspiration from “the Greats” & where to go from here..
when & where
25 - 26 Mar 2019
On-site & in-house training
Deliver this course how you want, where you want, when you want – and save up to 40%! 8+ employees seeking training on the same topic?
Talk to us about an on-site/in-house & customised solution.