With the demand for STEM talent higher than ever, educators are faced with finding new and innovative ways to prepare the next generation of aerospace engineers, nanotechnologist, and machine learning experts.
As the impetus grows for educators to embed the ‘real world’ and the Arts into STEM (to become STEAM), the question becomes how?
- How can educators integrate inquiry-based STEM (and STEAM) initiatives into the curriculum?
- How do we address the challenges and harness the opportunities of STEAM education as technology continually transform industries?
- How will education and the teaching profession evolve?
The 5th annual STEM Education Conference will discuss these important issues and showcase innovative educational initiatives from around Australia and the World.
Key topics to include:
- Primary and Secondary school examples of embedding STEM learning into the curriculum
- Ideas for designing your own STEM unit (primary and secondary streams)
- Addressing the key challenges for STEM education, including issues such as accessibility, timetabling, diversity, resourcing
- The future of teaching and STEAM education
- STEM in the industry and maintaining partnerships
We invite all principals, primary and high-school teachers, school administrators, tertiary educators, researchers, governments, and science and tech industry representatives to join us for two days of thought-provoking programming, with a focus on providing applicable tools, resources, and insights.
Call for Papers
More information regarding the 2018 agenda will be posted soon. In the meantime, if you are interested in contributing to this year’s program as a speaker – or want to offer a topic suggestion – please contact the Conference Manager, Margaret Young at Margaret.Young@informa.com.
The Hon. Rob Stokes MP
Minister for Education, NSW Government
Mark Scott AO
Secretary, NSW Department of Education
Finalist, CSIRO Indigenous STEM Teacher Award 2017
when & where
25 - 26 Jul 2018
Rydges World Square, Sydney
389 Pitt Street
Sydney NSW 2000
+61 (02) 8268 1888
Book Accommodation with Lido Group
For your convenience Lido Group will manage your accommodation needs. Call on 02 8585 0808.