Light rail is increasingly being adopted as a key component of effective integrated public transport in many Australasian cities.
From the successful launch, and now stage two development, of Queensland’s G:Link to the planning of Newcastle’s 2.7km line and the ongoing CBD and South East Light Rail project in Sydney, we are seeing a renaissance for light rail transit in Australia.
New and ongoing investment is highlighting light rail as the transport mode of choice for governments to effectively, efficiently and sustainably move its people into the future.
The Australasian Railway Association and Informa are proud to be bringing the 4th annual Light Rail Conference and Exhibition to the Gold Coast. The Gold Coast is a hub of light rail activity and the perfect place to host Light Rail 2017.
The rapidly growing conference and exhibition offers a unique opportunity for professionals involved in manufacturing, the planning and delivery of projects and operational executives, to hear cutting-edge case studies and learn from successful projects in Australasia and throughout the world.
OFFICIAL CONFERENCE OPENING AND WELCOME:
Cr Tom Tate, Mayor, City of Gold Coast
Terry Wong, GM-Infrastructure Maintenance, MTR Corporation Limited
Lea Harrison, General Manager, Edinburgh Trams Ltd
- Phil Mumford, CEO, GoldlinQ
- Peter Papantoniou, Project Director – Gold Coast Light Rail Stage 2, Department of Transport and Main Roads
- Ken Deutscher, Program Manager Light Rail Project and Corridor Development, City of Gold Coast
- Loretta Lynch, Managing Director – Gold Coast, Keolis Downer
- Tim Poole, Program Director Parramatta Light Rail, Transport for NSW
- Doug Carter, Programme Manager Light Rail, Auckland Transport
- Claire Stewart, Chief Investment Officer, Auckland Transport
- Treasure Jennings, Public Transport Ombudsman Victoria
- Danny Broad, CEO, Australasian Railway Association
- Glenn Bentley, CEO, ALTRAC
- Marg Prendergast, CBD Coordinator General, Transport for NSW
- Paul Daly, CEO, Rail Industry Safety and Standards Board (RISSB)
- Anjum Naweed, Associate Professor, Human Factors and Applied Cognitive Science, CQUniversity
SITE TOUR CONFIRMED:
Light Rail Site Tour: Light Rail Depot Facility in Southport
22 February 2017, 14:30 – 17:00
Attendees will visit the Keolis Downer/Bombardier depot that allows the Gold Coast’s custom designed FLEXITY 2 trams to be maintained, cleaned and stabled overnight. The light rail control centre is located at the depot which also includes four tracks under the depot shed for maintenance staff to work under cover.
Keolis Downer (KD) Operates and Maintains the light rail G:link on behalf of the State. The light rail commenced in passenger service in July 2014. The Depot is the head office as well as the operations and maintenance centre. The 14 trams, which deliver the daily service, were made by Bombardier who continues to maintain these trams on behalf of KD. Bombardier and KD work together within the one Depot to ensure that customer expectations and service standards are delivered. The Depot itself has a sustainability accreditation and was designed based on best practice in Europe.
All tour participants please note:
- You must be wearing long pants, closed toe shoes and a high vis vest. KD has a mix of high vis vests available.
- You must have ID with you for entry
- There is strictly no photography at the depot
- Attendance is subject to approval by Bombardier and Keolis Downer.
(Places are strictly limited to 30 attendees, so register for the conference now to reserve your spot. )
Missed Light Rail 2016 in Melbourne?
To catch up on discussions and the latest case studies view the presentations from the 2016 event by visiting http://www.slideshare.net/informaoz/tag/lightrail16
Managing Director – Gold Coast, Keolis Downer
Cr Tom Tate
Mayor, City of Gold Coast
GM-Infrastructure Maintenance, MTR Corporation Limited
Project Director – Gold Coast Light Rail Stage 2, Department of Transport and Main Roads
Program Manager Light Rail Project and Corridor Development, City of Gold Coast
Director - Technical, GoldlinQ
Director - Rail Safety, GoldlinQ
General Manager, Edinburgh Trams Ltd
CBD Coordinator General, Transport for NSW
Program Director Parramatta Light Rail, Transport for NSW
Deputy Director-General, Transport Canberra
Project Manager, Newcastle Light Rail, Transport for New South Wales
Tramway and LRT Product Line Manager, Thales Australia
Associate Principal | Light Rail Specialist & Systems Engineering, Arup
Principal | Australasia Rail Business Leader, Arup
Project Delivery Manager Gold Coast, Bombardier Transportation
Lead Transport Planner, Jacobs
Transport Planner, Jacobs
Transportation Product Manager, ABB
Public Transport Ombudsman Victoria
Deputy Director, Centre for Railway Engineering, CQUniversity
Associate Professor, Human Factors and Applied Cognitive Science, CQUniversity
PhD - Head, Tramway Systems Unit, SYSTRA
Operations Assurance Officer, Department of Planning, Transport and Infrastructure SA
Chief Executive, Auckland Transport
Engineering Manager, Downer
Design Manager, WSP Parsons Brinckerhoff
Spatial Data Specialist, Arup
Technical Director, Arup
Associate, Grimshaw Architects
Director – Communications and Operations, GoldlinQ
Director, Capella Capital
APAC CSR & Sustainability Officer, Alstom Australia
CEO, Rail Industry Safety and Standards Board (RISSB)