Key Learning Objectives
- Cover a wide range of equipment types and the solutions to flow problems commonly associated with each of them
- Gain a better understanding of how wall friction, cohesive strength, compressibility, permeability, and other properties affect the flow of solids through various types of feeders, blenders, chutes, bins, and hoppers
- See how to specify and select hardware best suited to various bulk solid flow problems and objectives; including how to retrofit equipment to correct flow problems.
- Solve flow problems involving lost production, plant downtime, extra labor, poor quality control, wasted material, and unreliable equipment.
Who Should Attend
Design, project, formulation and research engineers, as well as any plant operation personnel who are responsible for solving and preventing flow problems or purchasing powder and bulk solids handling equipment.
- Review common flow problems (eg. bridging, ratholing, flooding, segregation)
- Understand silo/hopper/stockpile flow patterns (funnel, mass, expanded flow)
- Understand basic components of a transfer chute system
- Review common chute problems (eg. plugging, buildup, wear, spillage, dusting)
- Discuss bulk solids flow properties and their use in chute design/troubleshooting
- Learn about Discrete Element Modeling (DEM) technology for chute evaluation
On-site & in-house training
Deliver this course how you want, where you want, when you want – and save up to 40%! 8+ employees seeking training on the same topic?
Talk to us about an on-site/in-house & customised solution.