The 23rd Annual Global Iron Ore & Steel Forecast Conference will be held on 18-19 March 2020 at the Westin Perth
Widely regarded as the premier event for the global iron ore and steel industry, the annual conference is the place to get the latest global outlook for iron ore and steel demand and supply, as well as hear from industry leaders as they discuss their future plans, and the opportunities and challenges that lay ahead.
With numerous new mine and expansion projects about to inject hundreds of millions of dollars into the Pilbara region, the Global Iron Ore & Steel Forecast Conference 2019 will focus on exploring the iron ore boom 2.0.
Key topics for discussion include:
- Iron ore and steel market outlook and updates
- Creating value in a changing market – the global push for high grades and premium prices
- China’s changing iron ore demands – restructuring of the Chinese steel industry, changing steel mill requirements, evolving environmental policies and pollution reduction targets
- Premium lump and pellet vs. fines for China
- Project updates and expansion plans
- Managing the iron ore boom 2.0 – FIFO and workers’ camps, engineering requirements, skills shortages, cost inflation, and what we learned from the first boom
- Iron ore price, derivatives and futures market
- Innovation and automation – the future of growth, IOT, remote operation centers, and new productivity developments
- Reducing energy costs – the role of solar and RAPS for mine sites
“Australia’s three major iron ore miners have now committed to spending a total of almost $9 billion on new mining projects across Western Australia’s Pilbara, creating thousands of jobs”
– ABC News, 30/11/2018
The Minerals & Investment Week
The Minerals & Investment Week is the key industry gathering providing expert insights for Australia’s resources community. With multiple conferences under the one roof, delegates can select sessions and plan a unique track to suit their individual needs.
This year’s participating conferences are the 23rd Annual Global Iron Ore & Steel Forecast Conference, 21st Annual Mineral Sands Conference, and the 3rd Annual Lithium & Battery Metals Conference.
Don’t miss this exceptional opportunity to hear exclusive market updates and network with leaders from across the entire mining and resources industry. Please join us on 18-19 March 2020 at the Westin Perth.
Single registration provides access to all participating events. Register online via ANY of the following pages:
when & where
18 - 19 Mar 2020
The Westin Perth
480 Hay St, Perth WA 6000
+61 (08) 6559 1888
SPECIAL ACCOMMODATION RATE
We have secured an accommodation rate of $265* per room per night for conference attendees at The Westin Perth for the nights of the 17-19 March 2020 inclusive.
To book this rate, click here.