The 22nd Annual Global Iron Ore & Steel Forecast Conference will be held on 20-21 March 2019 at the Crown Perth.
Widely regarded as the premier event for the global iron ore and steel industry, the annual conference is the place to get the latest global outlook for iron ore and steel demand and supply, as well as hear from industry leaders as they discuss their future plans, and the opportunities and challenges that lay ahead.
With numerous new mine and expansion projects about to inject hundreds of millions of dollars into the Pilbara region, the Global Iron Ore & Steel Forecast Conference 2019 will focus on exploring the iron ore boom 2.0.
Key topics for discussion include:
- Iron ore and steel market outlook and updates
- Creating value in a changing market – the global push for high grades and premium prices
- China’s changing iron ore demands – restructuring of the Chinese steel industry, changing steel mill requirements, evolving environmental policies and pollution reduction targets
- Premium lump and pellet vs. fines for China
- Project updates and expansion plans
- Managing the iron ore boom 2.0 – FIFO and workers’ camps, engineering requirements, skills shortages, cost inflation, and what we learned from the first boom
- Iron ore price, derivatives and futures market
- Innovation and automation – the future of growth, IOT, remote operation centers, and new productivity developments
- Reducing energy costs – the role of solar and RAPS for mine sites
This event forms part of the Minerals & Investment Week and will take place at the same time as the 20th Mineral Sands Conference, 2nd Lithium & Battery Metals Conference, and the inaugural Asia-Pacific Nickel Conference.
The Minerals & Investment Week
Featuring four industry conferences all under one roof, the Minerals & Investment Week allows the finance and investment community, service, engineering and supply industries to switch sessions and plan a track to suit their individual requirements. This year, the 22nd Global Iron Ore & Steel Forecast Conference and the 20th Mineral Sands Conference will run concurrently with the 2nd Lithium & Battery Metals Conference, as well as the inaugural Asia-Pacific Nickel Conference. This is a not-to-be-missed industry event with key networking opportunities.
“One Conference pass will give attendees access to all 4 events.”
when & where
20 - 21 Mar 2019
Great Eastern Highway
Burswood WA 6100
1800 556 688
Book Accommodation with Lido Group
For your convenience Lido Group will manage your accommodation needs. Click here or call on 02 8585 0808.
PLEASE NOTE: The conference is held within the Crown Perth complex. The Crown Towers, Crown Metropole and Crown Promenade hotels are all within easy 5-10 minutes walk to the conference rooms. The closest hotel is the Crown Promenade.
View map here
SPECIAL EVENT ACCOMMODATION RATE
Special accommodation rates are available via the Crown Hotels website. Please quote “EVENT658897” in the promotional code field to receive your negotiated event rate, Click here for more information.