Bio Connections Australia explores drug development, early phase clinical trials, translational research and expediting Australia’s great science into commercialization.
2020 saw significant disruption to the drug development and clinical trials landscape in Australia and around the world. Australia’s response was remarkable in its ability to respond to the challenges and capture opportunities. How we maintain that momentum and build upon this is an important theme for discussion in 2021.
Ongoing work is needed to drive Australia to become globally competitive in novel therapeutics and create better pathways for companies to translate their great research into commercial products. From effective early partnering to funding plans for translation and commercialisation – this event is a critical opportunity for dialogue and debate between key stakeholders.
Australia is now well known as a leading destination for early phase clinical trials. The next step is to ensure we maintain the efficiencies and innovations adopted during the pandemic and build upon them. What are the innovative models which can be adopted and sustained? What are the opportunities with new tech and devices within clinical trials and what are the regulatory considerations?
Our communities are keen to reconnect, network, and learn more than ever after months of disruption. We are excited to be moving back to in-person events but will continue to offer the option to attend the event virtually.
Key topics to be covered in 2021:
- Best practice examples in maturing assets and taking discoveries into clinic the right way
- Emerging technology and remote monitoring in clinical trials
- Devices in clinical trials
- Manufacturing capabilities in Australia – exploring what’s needed and where opportunities lie
- Creating efficiencies – models to bring the right patient to the right trial and increasing recruitment to studies
- Learnings from the efficiencies achieved with covid vaccine pipeline – can we apply this to other therapeutics?
- Trials in primary heath and GP Health network settings
- Virtual trials and teletrials in Australia
- Home based trials and hospital in the home
- The clinical trials governance framework in Australia
- Sustainability into clinical trial units in rural and regional areas
- The post-covid investment landscape
- Breakthrough Victoria Fund to boost research & innovation
- Clinical Trial Diversity and Inclusion
David Thomas FRACP
Phd, Head, Genomic Cancer Medicine, Garvan Institute of Medical Research, Director, The Kinghorn Cancer Centre & Chief Executive Officer, Omico: Australian Genomic Cancer Medicine Centre
CEO, Starpharma Holdings Ltd.
Dr Anand Gautam
Executive Director & Emerging Science Lead, Emerging Science & Innovation, Asia & APAC (Australia & New Zealand), Pfizer Worldwide R&D
Dr Glenn Begley
International Biotech Consultant
Founding CEO, Plexus Research
Chief Operating Officer and Company Secretary, BioCurate Pty Ltd
Bio Palooza is back for 2021!
We are delighted to announce the event highlight Bio Palooza Dinner will be returning for the 2021 edition of Bio Connections Australia. Don’t miss out on this intimate get together and key networking opportunity to further discuss and connect following the conference with your fellow delegates and speakers in this informal setting.
2020 Sponsors & exhibitors