The Australasian Railway Association and Informa are pleased to be bringing our 9th Heavy Haul Rail Conference back to Newcastle. The conference will take place at the Newcastle City Hall on the 29 and 30 October 2019.
The Australian heavy haul rail industry, boasting some the heaviest and longest trains, continues to lead the world in operations and innovation. With commodity markets regaining confidence, becoming an even more efficient supply chain for the export of coal and iron ore is fundamental to Australia’s productivity. The agenda will showcase the best in local and international project expertise and will give attendees an understanding of the strategic directions of the major industry players together with an update on developments in equipment, technology and maintenance to ensure efficient, safe and reliable operations.
Over the coming months, ARA and Informa will announce confirmed speakers from the public and private sectors, which will include high level executives from Australian mining and rail companies as well as senior members of government. These speakers will complement technical presentations which will be delivered by a wide range of industry experts.
Topics will include:
- Market outlook for Australia
- Heavy haul operations across Australia
- Infrastructure and investment
- Future technology, communications systems, cybersecurity and data capture and analysis
- Role of ports and port automation in successful heavy haul supply chains
- Rolling stock technology, innovation and maintenance
- Improving weld performance and the implementation of advanced simulation techniques for wheel/rail wear
- Software solutions for improved efficiency and optimisation of assets
- Workforce development and diversity
CALL FOR PAPERS
Share your learnings, case studies and practical solutions with colleagues and customers across industry.
Forward your submission to the Conference Manager, Tina Karas at firstname.lastname@example.org. Submissions should be 200-400 words and contain your full contact details along with a presentation title, theme and main findings.
Deadline: Friday 12 July 2019
Highlights for 2018 included:
“Great quality of speakers covering a good spread of subjects from operations to technical presentations” Roy Hill
“Sharing some of the latest trends in rail asset management” ARTC
NEW FEATURE TO PROMOTE COLLABORATION
Heavy Haul Rail 2019 will be co-located with the 11th Annual Regional Ports conference, in association with the world’s largest coal export port. The Port of Newcastle facilitated $18.5B in exports and handled more than 500 rail assets, including wagons, locomotives and passenger cars in 2018.
- Hear from Heavy Haul Rail industry experts and Government representatives as they share updates and information on the latest industry developments.
- Meet and do business with representatives from both the rail and ports sector in one location
- Network in a relaxed environment with delegates, speakers and peers from the rail and ports sector at the conference dinner.
- Attendees will be provided with the option to choose between two site tours, focusing on different aspects of Heavy Haul Rail operations in Hunter Valley, Australia’s largest regional economy.
EXTENDED FOR 2019! Young Professionals rate (Under 35)* The ARA is delighted to offer reduced registration fees to young rail professionals, aged 35 years old and under on 29 October 2019, to attend this year’s ARA Heavy Haul Rail conference.
For more information, contact
Tina Karas, General Manager on (+61) 2 9080 4408 or at email@example.com
Sarah Ingram, Sponsorship & Exhibitions Manager on +61 (0) 411 499 131 or at Sarah.Ingram@informa.com