The Australasian Railway Association and Informa are pleased to be bringing our 10th Heavy Haul Rail Conference back to Perth. The conference will take place at the Hyatt Regency Perth on the 14th and 15th April 2021.
The Australian heavy haul rail industry, boasting some the heaviest and longest trains, continues to lead the world in operations and innovation. With commodity markets regaining confidence, becoming an even more efficient supply chain for the export of coal and iron ore is fundamental to Australia’s productivity. The agenda will showcase the best in local and international project expertise and will give attendees an understanding of the strategic directions of the major industry players together with an update on developments in equipment, technology and maintenance to ensure efficient, safe and reliable operations.
Over the coming months, ARA and Informa will announce confirmed speakers from the public and private sectors, which will include high level executives from Australian mining and rail companies as well as senior members of government. These speakers will complement technical presentations which will be delivered by a wide range of industry experts.
Topics will include:
- Market outlook for Australia
- Heavy haul operations across Australia
- Infrastructure and investment
- Future technology, communications systems, cybersecurity and data capture and analysis
- Role of ports and port automation in successful heavy haul supply chains
- Rolling stock technology, innovation and maintenance
- Improving weld performance and the implementation of advanced simulation techniques for wheel/rail wear
- Software solutions for improved efficiency and optimisation of assets
- Workforce development and diversity
Call for Papers
Interested in participating?
Forward your submission to the Conference Manager, Diana.email@example.com
Submissions should be 200 words and contain your full contact details along with a presentation title, theme and main findings.
Deadline: Friday 18 December 2020
EXTENDED FOR 2021! Young Professionals rate (Under 35)* The ARA is delighted to offer reduced registration fees to young rail professionals, aged 35 years old and under on 23 March 2021, to attend this year’s ARA Heavy Haul Rail conference.