AusIntermodal - covering critical issues for the freight industry including planning, funding, improving supply chain efficiency and ensuring Australia has the regulatory framework for a competitive and sustainable freight industry.
Group booking discount
Book 3 delegates and 4th comes free.
All delegates must be from the same company and register at the same time to qualify. Please contact Customer Service on 02 9080 4307 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to take up this offer.
About the conference:
In partnership with the ARA and Lloyds List Australia, AusIntermodal 2016 was held at the Pullman Brisbane King George Square. We enjoyed an engaging two days of discussion on intermodal freight transportation in Australia. The program highlighted some of the critical issues facing industry such as supply chain efficiency and automation, investing in freight on rail, border security, the development of inland ports and the chain of responsibility.
- Danny Broad, Chief Executive Officer, Australasian Railway Association
- Ian Hunt, Chief Executive Officer, Moorebank Intermodal Company
- Marika Calfas, Chief Executive Officer, NSW Ports
- Andrew Chandler, Acting First Assistant Secretary, Traveller, Customs and Industry Policy Division, Department of Immigration and Border Protection
- Tony Smith, Principal Advisor - Cargoes & Technical, Australian Maritime Safety Association (AMSA)
- Phil Bullock, Director, Transport Performance and Analytics, Bureau of Statistics and Analytics, Freight, Strategy and Planning Division, Transport for NSW
- Brian Gillespie, Chief Commercial Officer, DP World Australia
- Paul Zalai, Director, Freight & Trade Alliance (FTA) Pty Ltd
- Neil Chambers, Director, Container Transport Alliance Australia (CTAA)
- Roy Cummins, Chief Executive Officer, Port of Brisbane Pty Ltd
- Michelle Reynolds, Chief Executive Officer, Freight Terminals Pty Ltd
- Matthew Schroder, General Manager, Infrastructure & Transport - Access & Pricing, Australian Competition & Consumer Commission (ACCC)
- Dale Bude, Senior Project Advisor - Inland Rail, ARTC
- Mark Nugter, Technical Executive, Rail Operations and Facilities, WSP | Parsons Brinckerhoff
- Luke Patterson, Logistics and Supply Chain Consultant, WSP | Parsons Brinckerhoff
- Dr. Eva Savelsberg, Senior Vice President Logistics Division, INFORM GmbH
- Stig Reenberg-Hansen, Business Development Director Australia, NZ & SE Asia, INFORM GmbH
- Stuart McFarlane, Business Affairs Manager, Australian Federation of International Forwarders (AFIF) Ltd
Port of Brisbane Pty Ltd hosted an afternoon site tour for a group of our attendees on the 9th September. The tour gave us the opportunity for an insight into Queensland's largest port which handles more than 50% of the state's international trade.
PBPL tour was hosted by senior Trade staff and gave attendees an insight into a variety of environs including:
- Motor vehicle precinct where 250 000 cars are imported annually
- Three stevedores showcasing automation in Brisbane
- Bulk precinct which includes coal, cement and fuel products as well as liquid bitumen
- A comfort stop and leg-stretch at the multi user terminal
- Agriculture precinct with bulk grain, wood chips and sugar
- The distribution and storage sector
- The environmental buffer zones highlighting the shorebird roost
Afternoon tea and a Q&A session concluded the tour in the Port Office Café as attendees enjoyed its superb elevated views across the Port.
For additional information on the Port of Brisbane Pty Ltd click here
Missed AusIntermodal 2016?
You can check out the presentations from that event -> http://www.slideshare.net/informaoz/tag/ausintermodal16
Or check out our most viewed presentation from 2016 below!
Missed AusIntermodal 2015?
You can check out the presentations from that event -> www.slideshare.net/informaoz/tag/ausintermodal15
Or check out our most viewed presentation from 2015 below!