Rail Safety 2013: Interview with Stan Sexton
We had the opportunity to catch up with Stan Sexton, Corporate Manager, Safety of the Public Transport Authority of Western Australia, and talked about the outcomes of Day 1 of Rail Safety 2013.
1) What were some of the key themes and lessons from Day 1 of the Rail Safety 2013 Conference?
2) Do you believe the industry is doing enough to meet customer expectations of safety?
3) You highlighted the need for "hearts and minds" campaigns. What are the safety outcomes of this approach?
4) How important is communication and collaboration within the industry and with customers?
5) One of the most significant developments for rail safety has been the introduction of the National Rail Safety Regulator. how will this impact the industry?