Rail Safety 2011 Exclusive Interview - Simon Fletcher
We had the opportunity to interview Simon Fletcher, Regional Coordinator, Europe, UIC at Rail Safety 2011.
We asked him the following:
1. Simon you last spoke at the 2007 Rail Safety conference here in Australia, how has the handling of safety key safety issues evolved since then, have we moved forward?
2. The 2011 Rail Safety conference has the theme 'Thinking outside the square' -- is there one initiative that your organisation is currently working on that sits outside of the square?
3. How does the harmonization of technology assist with an enhanced safety drive?
4. What can Australia learn from Europe's interoperability projects?
5. Which discussions have you most enjoyed at this year's Rail Safety conference?