New Zealand Rail
NZ Rail will focus on the development and growth of rail operations in New Zealand, including the development of an integrated transport network
We are excited to be hosting New Zealand Rail 2016 at the Crowne Plaza Auckland. In partnership with the Australasian Railway Association and supported by KiwiRail, New Zealand Rail 2016 will bring rail executives together to discuss the key challenges facing rail in the Land of the Long White Cloud. As well as updates from the major players domestically, there will be many of the industry leaders in attendance and speaking from Australia. As the New Zealand industry focus their attention on building an integrated transport network, we are excited to offer a forum to knowledge share and discuss how this can be made a reality.
Confirmed speakers to date include:
- Peter Reidy, Chief Executive Officer, KiwiRail
- Danny Broad, Chief Executive Officer, Australasian Railway Association
- Bob Herbert, Chairman, Australasian Railway Association
- Howard Collins OBE, Chief Executive Officer, Sydney Trains
- David Irwin, Managing Director, Pacific National
- Andrew Lezala, Chief Executive Officer, Metro Trains Melbourne
- Naomi Frauenfelder, Executive Director, TrackSAFE
- Steve Boshier, Asset Integration Manager, City Rail Link, Auckland Transport
- Alan Bannister, Chief Operating Officer, Transdev Wellington
- Christine Perrins, Strategic Transport Planning Manager, Strategy Division, Auckland Transport
- Paul Daly, Chief Executive Officer, Rail Industry Safety and Standards Board
- Jesse Baker, Manager – Safety and Risk, Rail Industry Safety and Standards Board
- Todd Bentley, General Manager - Safety, Environment and Risk, Metro Trains Melbourne
- Sue McCarrey, Chief Executive Officer, Office of the National Rail Safety Regulator (ONRSR)
- Simon Humphrey, Strategy and Commercial Director, Keolis Downer
- Debbie Despard, National Manager Rail Safety, NZTA
- Wayne Butson, General Secretary, Rail & Maritime Transport Union
- David Bellett, Deputy Chief Inspector – Extractives, High Hazard Unit, WorkSafe New Zealand
- Stephen Selwood, Chief Executive Officer, NZCID
- Phil O'Connell, Zero Harm Manager Systems, KiwiRail
- Carl Mills, Manager Operations Development, KiwiRail
- Tim Ryan, Executive General Manager Enterprise Services, Australian Rail Track Corporation Ltd (ARTC)
With building an integrated transport network as the key theme running throughout the conference, we will hear presentations on:
- True Value of the KiwiRail Transformation to NZ
- ARA and TrackSAFE update
- Transforming Auckland's transport networks
- Optimising the modern logistics chain through rail
- Ensuring Integration of Intermodal Services
- Managing the change of operator in New Zealand's capital
- How can rail in New Zealand improve productivity and competitiveness
- BIM and assent management, can they work together?
- ETCS Roll out
- Rail safety regulation
- TrackSAFE: Improving the workplace for rail employees
- Level crossing removal
SITE TOUR CONFIRMED - KiwiRail's Auckland Container Terminal
Attendees will have the opportunity to tour KiwiRail's Auckland container terminal which includes KiwiRail, MetroPort, MetroBox, MetroPack and Toll operations. Located in the heart of Auckland's industrial belt the terminal is New Zealand's only truly integrated intermodal cargo gateway. The dry port is operated through an integrated transport system using KiwiRail links to and from the Port of Tauranga. Attendees will have the chance to learn more about terminal operations and tour the facilities on this guided vehicle tour.
Places are strictly limited to 45 attendees so you are encouraged to book early to avoid disappointment.
Australasian Railway Association Rail Industry Networking Dinner
The ARA's New Zealand Rail Industry Networking Dinner, in association with KiwiRail, will be held at the Crowne Plaza, Auckland on the evening of the 14th June 2016. This dinner is the perfect opportunity to foster relationships, collaborate with clients and work together in a relaxed and convivial atmosphere.
We look forward welcoming you to the dinner. Welcome drinks will commence at 18:30 and guests will be asked to be seated at 19:00.
We are also delighted to confirm Raybon Kan as our after-dinner speaker. A popular television personality and comedian Raybon is sure to provide some laughs during the night. (Full biography below!)
When Raybon Kan first appeared the comedy scene, he was profiled on 60 Minutes and became a regular on the Comedy Festival Gala. Since then, he’s earned numerous awards, including Best Comedian in Metro (twice) and North & South (twice). A celebrated author and champion debater, Raybon also studied law at Victoria University, graduating with honours, and gaining admission to the Bar.
As a comedian, he’s performed at the major festivals in Montreal, Edinburgh and Melbourne, where The Age named his show one of the festival highlights.
Raybon’s TV work includes documentaries, TV commercials and popular quiz show The Great NZ Spelling Bee. As an actor, he’s appeared in TV sketches and performed cameos in feature films, with directors including Geoff Murphy.