Heavy Haul Rail
We are pleased to announce that the Australasian Railway Association and Informa are working together to develop our 6th Annual Heavy Haul Rail Conference which will take place at the Mackay Convention and Exhibition Centre on the 24th and 25th August 2016.
The conference will be an excellent networking opportunity to discuss Heavy Haul Rail in Australia and will showcase the best in local and international project expertise. The agenda will be designed to give attendees an understanding of the strategic directions of the major industry players and an update on developments in equipment, technology and maintenance.
The 2016 Heavy Haul Rail Conference will provide a forum for industry to discuss the central theme of Driving Innovation to Deliver Efficiencies.
Confirmed Speakers include:
- Danny Broad, Chief Executive Officer, Australasian Railway Association
- Adrian Hart, Senior Manager, Infrastructure and Mining, BIS Shrapnel Pty Ltd
- Michael Carter, Acting Executive Vice President, Operations, Aurizon
- Brett Lynch, General Manager Queensland, Pacific National
- Michael Roche, Chief Executive, Queensland Resources Council
- Steve Lewis, Chief Executive Officer, North Queensland Bulk Ports Corporation
- Maksym Spiryagin, Deputy Director, Centre for Railway Engineering, CQUniversity
- Tom Forbes, Chief Executive Officer, Biarri Rail
- Sam Botterill, Managing Director, System 7
- Derek Thomson, Director, ATI Solutions Group
- Penny Brown, Senior Consultant, ATI Solutions Group
- Bazil Miller, General Manager, Speno Rail
- David McCabe, Product Manager Locomotives, Rail & Defence, UGL Limited
- Bruce Brymer, Manager Rolling Stock Maintenance, Roy Hill
- Peter Mutton, Associate Director, Institute of Railway Technology
Networking dinner - Clarion Hotel Mackay Marina
Conference attendees are invited to attend the official conference dinner at the Clarion Hotel Mackay Marina on the evening of the 24th August. Welcome drinks will be served from 18:30 and dinner will commence at 19:00. Transport to and from the dinner venue will be provided.
The dinner is separately bookable through the conference website so make sure to reserve your seat today!
Site Tour Confirmed:
We’re delighted to announce that DBCT Management are hosting a site tour on the afternoon of the 25th August of their Dalrymple Bay Coal Terminal (DBCT) which is located at the Port of Hay Point. DBCT is supplied by an electrified rail system from the Bowen Basin coalfields and is Queensland's largest coal export terminal being the only privately owned and operated terminal in Queensland that offers multiple third party access.
All attendees will be required to bring along PPE (more details to follow on website). Admission to the site tour is included in your registration fee just make sure to indicate that you will attend. Places are strictly limited to 30 attendees, so register for the conference now to reserve your spot.
Look forward to seeing you there!