Heavy Haul Rail Conference
Heavy Haul Rail is Australasia's premier event for investment, engineering and operational excellence in the industry
The Australasian Railway Association and Informa would like to thank all speakers, sponsors, exhibitors and delegates who attended the 6th annual Heavy Haul Rail Conference in Mackay at the end of August. The conference took place at Mackay Exhibition and Convention Centre included presentations from operators, port managers, track managers, economists, suppliers, academics and consultants all examining the central theme of 'Driving Innovation to Deliver Efficiencies'.
Mackay was the perfect backdrop for discussion on the future of the heavy haul industry in Australia and attendees from various industry players quickly realised that challenges this economy is posing for their businesses are mirrored industry wide.
The conference offered excellent networking opportunites for all which included the conference dinner at the nearby Clarion Hotel Mackay Marina and a site tour to complete the event hosted by staff at the Dalrymple Bay Coal Terminal.
Both Informa and the ARA would like to thank, once again, all involved and we look forward to putting the agenda together in 2017.
Thank you to the 2016 speakers including:
- Official Conference Welcome from Cr Greg Williamson, Mayor, Mackay Regional Council
- Danny Broad, Chief Executive Officer, Australasian Railway Association
- Adrian Hart, Senior Manager, Infrastructure and Mining, BIS Shrapnel Pty Ltd
- Michael Carter, Executive Vice President, Operations, Aurizon
- Brett Lynch, General Manager Queensland, Pacific National
- Andrew Barger, Director, Infrastructure and Economics, Queensland Resources Council
- Steve Lewis, Chief Executive Officer, North Queensland Bulk Ports Corporation
- Gus Aguilar, Programme Delivery Manager Inland Rail, ARTC
- Maksym Spiryagin, Deputy Director, Centre for Railway Engineering, CQUniversity
- Tom Forbes, Chief Executive Officer, Biarri Rail
- Sam Botterill, Managing Director, System 7
- Derek Thomson, Director, ATI Solutions Group
- Penny Brown, Senior Consultant, ATI Solutions Group
- Bazil Miller, General Manager, Speno Rail
- David McCabe, Product Manager Locomotives, Rail & Defence, UGL Limited
- Bruce Brymer, Manager Rolling Stock Maintenance, Roy Hill
- Dr John Cookson, Team Leader, Rail Materials, Institute of Railway Technology
- Greg Newman, Principal Consultant, SNC Lavalin Rail & Transit
- Candice Augur, Principal Consultant, SNC Lavalin Rail & Transit
We’re delighted that DBCT Management agreed to host a site tourfor attendees and wish to thank their staff for their assistance in organising the logistics of the trip.