Online Retail Logistics Conference
Dates yet to be announced
Online retail continues to grow in Australia with an estimated worth of $22.1 billion last year - a 7% increase on the year before.
Australians spent over $2.3 billion in purchases on the 2015 Boxing Day Sale – up 4% on last year’s figures*.
We’re still shopping, but what continues to change is the how, where and when of this spending. Predicting and responding to retail trends directly impacts the efficiency of getting these goods to customers and with that in mind we are delighted that the Online Retail Logistics Conference will be held on the 28-29 April 2016 at the Grace Hotel, Sydney.
As the market continues to grow it is also constantly evolving. The impact of this growth and evolution flows directly to the logistics and distribution industries too. Customer satisfaction is key, supply chain visibility is increasingly important and the price war is on for so many retailers.
Kim Winter, Global CEO, Logistics Executive
Confirmed speakers to date:
David Quayle, Managing Director Australia & New Zealand, Apex Supply Chain Technologies
Robert Kinkade, APAC Leader, Digital Supply Chain and Operations, EY
Phillip Haddad, Chief Operating Officer, Booktopia
Hamish Grant, Head of Marketing Operations, Temando
Charlie McDonald, General Manager, Manufacturing, Transport & Logistics Industry, Telstra
Ben Jones, Commercial Director, ParcelPoint
Jonathan Reeve, Principal, Jonathan Reeve Consulting
Mike Carr, Vice President, IT, Oceania, DHL
Natasha Ritz, Brand Communications Manager, Lush Cosmetics
Robert Ruitinga, General Manager Process Excellence, Quality and Customer Solutions, TNT
Leigh Williams, Managing Director, eStore Logistics
Some of the topics to be examined include:
- The role of social media in generating sales
- Creating Efficient Supply Chains: A Booktopia Case Study
- Growth of hybrid models with traditional bricks and mortar retailers expanding online presence
- The distribution challenges Australia’s topography presents
- Cost saving innovations and technology in logistics and warehousing
- Striking the Right Balance between Customer Service and Fulfilment
- Dealing with rapid expansion and customer service engagement
- What does the future hold for retail online delivery?
Click here to view the presentations from the 2014 Online Retail Logistics Conference.