Light Rail 2017
Light Rail Conference & Exhibition. Transforming the urban transport landscape. Register for the conference today!
Light rail is increasingly being adopted as a key component of effective integrated public transport in many Australasian cities.
From the successful launch, and now stage two development, of Queensland's G:Link to the planning of Newcastle's 2.7km line and the ongoing CBD and South East Light Rail project in Sydney, we are seeing a renaissance for light rail transit in Australia.
New and ongoing investment is highlighting light rail as the transport mode of choice for governments to effectively, efficiently and sustainably move its people into the future.
The Australasian Railway Association and Informa are proud to be bringing the 4th annual Light Rail Conference and Exhibition to the Gold Coast. The Gold Coast is a hub of light rail activity and the perfect place to host Light Rail 2017.
The rapidly growing conference and exhibition offers a unique opportunity for professionals involved in manufacturing, the planning and delivery of projects and operational executives, to hear cutting-edge case studies and learn from successful projects in Australasia and throughout the world.
Official Conference Opening and Welcome:
Cr Tom Tate, Mayor, City of Gold Coast
- Danny Broad, CEO, Australasian Railway Association
- Phil Mumford, CEO, GoldlinQ
- Peter Papantoniou, Project Director – Gold Coast Light Rail Stage 2, Department of Transport and Main Roads
- Ken Deutscher, Program Manager Light Rail Project and Corridor Development, City of Gold Coast
- Loretta Lynch, Managing Director – Gold Coast, Keolis Downer
- Jason Ward, Director – Communications and Operations, GoldlinQ
- Tim Poole, Program Director Parramatta Light Rail, Transport for NSW
- Anthony Lusty, Project Delivery Manager Gold Coast, Bombardier Transportation
- Jarman Stephens, Electrical and Computer Systems Engineer, ABB
- Nick Buchanan, Lead Transport Planner, Jacobs
- Harlan Langtree, Transport Planner, Jacobs
- Dr Anjum Naweed, Senior Research Fellow, CQUniversity
- Stephen Luke, Practice Leader Transport Planning and International LRT Development, Mott McDonald
- Treasure Jennings, Public Transport Ombudsman Victoria
- Kat Jurkiewicz, Project Lead & Associate, Grimshaw Architects
- Ed Hart, Director, Capella Capital
- Glenn Bentley, CEO, ALTRAC
- Marg Prendergast, CBD Coordinator General, Transport for NSW
- Rob Angus, Design Manager, Aurecon
- Matt Colton, Technical Manager, Transport for NSW
- Claire Stewart, Chief Investment Officer, Auckland Transport
- Doug Carter, Programme Manager Light Rail, Auckland Transport
Site tour confirmed:
Light Rail Site Tour: Light Rail Depot Facility in Southport
22 February 2017, 15.00 - 17.00
Attendees will visit the Bombardier depot that allows the Gold Coast’s custom designed FLEXITY 2 trams to be maintained, cleaned and stabled overnight. The light rail control centre is located at the depot which also includes four tracks under the depot shed for maintenance staff to work under cover.
More details to follow
(Places are strictly limited to 30 attendees, so register for the conference now to reserve your spot.)
Missed Light Rail 2016 in Melbourne?
To catch up on discussions and the latest case studies view the presentations from the 2016 event by visitinghttp://www.slideshare.net/informaoz/tag/lightrail16
While you're here…