4th Annual Katherine Regional Mining & Exploration Forum
Developing Katherine as the regional service and supply hub for the resources, construction and infrastructure sectors
SPECIAL LOCAL NT BUSINESS RATE:
If you are from a NT originating business that is not a branch office of a national or international company then you are entitled to a 35% discount rate to attend. This offer is not available online, please contact Blandine.Vallee@informa.com.au for eligibility and to receive a booking form.
The 4th Annual Katherine Regional Mining & Exploration Forum will be hosted at the Godinymayin Yijard Rivers Arts & Culture Centre in Katherine on the 24-25 May 2016.
This unique regional event is developed in partnership with the Katherine Mining Services Association and the support of the Northern Territory Government. Dedicated to developing Katherine as a service, supply and infrastructure hub for the resources sectors, the meeting has been a great success over the past three years providing the perfect opportunity for industry representatives, services providers, and government representatives to meet and build effective relationships.
The event offers a number of hospitality functions including an icebreaker drinks function on the eve of the conference, and the Katherine Resources Industry Dinner on the 24th May - both excellent for securing potential business.
This year’s forum sees ongoing developments for the resources sector despite the challenging downturn of the industry. There are many opportunities in the Katherine region and a lot of potential will be unlocked with the construction of the North East Gas Interconnector (NEGI). Discussions will centre around a pragmatic future focus on the sustainable development of mineral resources and the region.
A key component of the conference includes views and insights into service and supply opportunities for local business, broader NT based businesses and interstate companies looking to build new partnerships in this emerging resources region.
- Geoff Crowhurst, Chairman, Katherine Mining Services Association
- Kevin Peters, Chief Executive Officer, Industry Capability Network
- Brent Murdoch, Director & General Manager Australia, Vista Gold Australia Pty Ltd
- Mayor Fay Miller, Katherine Town Council
- John Kennedy, Managing Director, Goodline
- Ian Scrimgeour, Executive Director, Northern Territory Geological Survey, Department of Mines and Energy
- Chandan Kalase, Senior Traffic Engineer, Transport Infrastructure Planning Division, Department of Transport
- Mark Coffey, Head, Office of Northern Australia
- Tim Hill, Regional Manager, Northern Territory, AusIndustry, Department of Industry, Innovation and Science
- Matthew Doman, Director - South Australia / Northern Territory,APPEA
- Tim Radburn, Executive Director, Pangaea Resources
- Richard Cottee, Managing Director, Central Petroleum
- Sam Strohmayr, General Manager, Glencore McArthur River Mine
- Brian O'Gallagher, Executive Officer Industry Councils, Chamber of Commerce Northern Territory
- Brett Wright, Finance Manager, Glencore McArthur River Mine
- Karen Green, Business Advisory Services and Tax Leader, NT, Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu
- Craig Bergin, Project Services Manager, Jemena
- Kris Unternahrer, Approvals & Stakeholder Manager, McConnell Dowell
Topics to be discussed include:
- Economic outlook
- Operation and project updates
- Mining & oil and gas exploration developments
- Infrastructure and major projects
- Regulatory updates
- Supplying and servicing the resources sector
- Workforce, training & employment strategies
- Community consultation & environmental management
The Katherine Regional Mining & Exploration Forum complements the 8th Annual NT Resources Week held four months later in Darwin on the 14-15 September.
The conference agenda is currently being researched and developed - please click here to request a copy of the final program, or contact email@example.com if you have an interest in delivering a presentation at the conference.Sponsorship/Exhibition: If you are interested in the sponsorship and exhibition options available at this event please contact Megan Rogulski on 02 9080 4030. Once again the exhibition is filling up quickly!