Pharmaceutical Law, Reform & Regulation
Don't miss your opportunity to receive top-quality guidance on the latest legal and regulatory hurdles facing the pharmaceutical industry.
Australia has world class researchers and businesses developing medical technologies and pharmaceutical goods. This high tech industry contributed exports of $3.89 billion in 2012-13 and with health and medical technology identified as a key driver in the Federal Government's Innovation platform, the question arises - is current regulation a challenge to innovation?
With pharmaceutical legislation ever-changing, the need to keep informed on the latest reforms and cases across Australia continues to remain an industry priority. Our Annual Pharmaceutical Law Conference will offers updates on regulation and legislation debates and keep discussion alive by offering a networking experience that continues to be of significant importance to advancing the safety, supply and competitiveness of this vital sector.
Key topics for review will include:
- Is current regulation a challenge to innovation?
- A survey of the pharmaceutical law landscape
- Intellectual property protection
- Regulation, pricing and competition
- Update on the Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme (PBS)
- Recent case studies
- Trends in recent pharmaceutical infringement cases, prescriptions and consumer behaviour
- International legal developments in the life sciences sector - lessons for Australia
- Opportunities for reform of the regulation of pharmaceuticals in Australia
- Analysis of the Expert Panel Review of Medicines and Medical Device Regulation
- Samantha Robertson, Executive Director, Evidence, Advice and Governance Branch, NHMRC
- Philip Chindamo, Chief Economist, The Pharmacy Guild of Australia
- Professor Michael Dooley, Federal President of the Society of Hospital Pharmacists of Australia
- Dr Ken Harvey, Adjunct Associate Professor, School of Public Health and Preventive Medicine, Monash University
- Dr Teresa Nicoletti, Partner, Piper Alderman
- Rebekah Gay, Partner, Herbert Smith Freehills
- Daniel Posker, Senior Associate, Herbert Smith Freehills
- Grant Shoebridge, Principal, Shelston IP
- Marlene Keese, Representative, TGA
- Professor Andrew Christie, Chair of Intellectual Property, University of Melbourne
- Professor Andrew Wilson, Chair, Pharmaceutical Benefits Advisory Committe
- Belinda Wood, CEO, Generic and Biosimilar Medicines Association
- Graham Beever, General Counsel, PHARMAC
- James Lawrence, Partner, Piper Alderman
- Toby Biddle, Partner, Norton Rose Fulbright