Correctional Services Healthcare Summit
Addressing the gaps, promoting disciplinary care and improving the continuum of care into the community
Special group booking discounts:
Book 3 delegates and 4th comes free. All delegates must be from the same company and register at the same time to qualify.
Please contact Customer Service on 02 9080 4307 or firstname.lastname@example.org to take up this offer.
The correctional services setting is a challenging environment in which to provide quality health care.
According to the Australian Bureau of Statistics figures released in December 2015, there were over 99,000 persons in full-time custody and community-based corrections. These individuals often face complex problems with their health and wellbeing both within the correctional setting and post-release.
Now in its 7th year, Correctional Services Healthcare is the only conference for the industry to gather in the one place and exchange experiences and strategies in address healthcare issues within correctional facilities. The conference gathers health service directors and managers from a selection of state government agencies, key stakeholders, health managers and industry experts from correctional facilities and community health professionals across Australia to discuss how best to improve care for this sector of the community. Discussion will be centred on a combination of interactive workshops, case studies of implemented initiatives, research presentations and discussions around how to most effectively address the most challenging scenarios.
Topics addressed include:
- Clinical Pathways and Care Planning in the Correctional Environment
- Providing Care for Patients with Various Co-morbidities
- The Role played by Nursing and Allied Healthcare Providers
- Improving Outcomes through Research
- Hepatitis C and its Impact within Prison Communities
- Exploring the Possibility of Needle Exchange Programs in a Correctional Setting
- Addressing the Gaps in Prisoner Mental Health, Cognitive Functioning, & Social & Emotional Well-Being
- Indigenous health
- Smoke-free prisons - Lessons learnt
- A Dementia Friendly Prison Health Service: What does it Look Like?
- Considering Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder (FASD) within the Criminal Justice System
- Providing Care to Pregnant Prisoners. A Model of Care: A Multidisciplinary Approach
- The Need for Ongoing Health Care when Transitioning from the Correctional System in to the Community