Annual National Acquired Brain Injury Conference
Special price discount for group bookings
Book 3 delegates and receive the 4th delegate pass at no cost.
To take advantage of this offer, call us today on 02 9080 4307 or email email@example.com.
Note: All delegates must be from the same company and register at the same time to qualify.
We'd like to thank the speakers, sponsors and industry supporters who contributed to the success of our 3rd Annual Acquired Brain Injury conference in Melbourne last August.
Program highlights or 2015 included:
- Brain Injury Awareness Week 2015 Consumer Opening Address by Rebecca Sciroli
- Conversation training & working with families of people with traumatic brain injury by Professor Leanne Togher, NHMRC Senior Research Fellow & Principal Research Fellow, The University of Sydney
- Mythmaking & brain injury in popular movies by Dr Suzanne Evas, Barwon ABI Project Coordinator, Barwon Health
- Culturally appropriate methodologies for working with Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander People with ABI & complex disabilities by Dr Clare Townsend, Manager, Research & Development, Synapse & Delina Andrews, Cairns Project Manager, Synapse
- Update on the research of the TAC/ ISCRR Partnership by Professor Alex Collie, CEO, Institute for Safety Compensation & Recovery Research, Monash University
- NDIS - A Lawyers Perspective by Rodney Hodgson, Principal, Maurice Blackburn Lawyers
There were also a number of interactive panel discussions that explored the issues of:
- The role of carers
- Preparing to move to the New World that is NDIS
- Models of accommodation and housing for people with ABI
- Vocational rehab & employment for people with an ABI
We're delighted to be hosting the 2016 National Acquired Brain Injury conference at the Royal Rehad in Ryde this November.
To ensure the most pertinent issues are covered, we are inviting topic and speaker submissions for the development of the comprehensive two day program. The conference will be a great opportunity to interact with like-minded people.
For speaking opportunities and topic suggestions please forward your proposal to Sarah.Hardiman@informa.com.au to assist with program scheduling.