4th Annual Remote Area Power Supply Conference
Solving Australia’s off-grid energy challenges with renewables & hybrid solutions
Informa is pleased to convene the 4th annual Remote Area Power Supply Conference on the Tuesday 21st & Wednesday 22nd March 2017 at the SMC Centre, Sydney.
The "RAPS" Conference has been providing a valuable platform for the off-grid industry sector to meet and share updates on projects and technologies. As the sector is growing and the energy industry transforms to respond to current trends, off-grid and ‘fringe-of-grid’ energy solutions are attracting larger interest from a range of consumers and power producers in remote areas.
The conference offers an opportunity to share information on the diverse range of remote power solutions implanted around the world and in Australia, solutions varying from installation sizes, hybrid energy sources, locations and technologies.
In 2017, the agenda will continue to feature factual case studies on current projects to share latest developments and results with the industry, discuss practicalities of project delivery, financing options, and potential impacts of energy policies and regulation. It includes a focus on new technologies, latest innovations and the use and potential of microgrids. We will also look at a number of projects and electrification programmes in the Asia Pacific regions to discuss developments and opportunities.
Confirmed speakers to date include:
- Simon Gamble, Manager Small Renewable Asset Development, Hydro Tasmania
- Andrew Drager, Managing Director, Juwi
- Juergen Zimmermann, Manager Research & Development, ABB Australia
- Paul Ebert, Global Director - New Energy, Advisian
- Toby Roxburgh, Director, Beast Solutions, Chairman - Canberra Branch, Australian Institute of Energy
- Martin Baart, Chief Executive Officer, Ecoligo
- Mark Schneider, Director, TEC-C Investments
- Keith Barker, General Manager – VAM & Emerging Technology, Energy Developments
- Lyndon Frearson, Managing Director, CAT Projects
- Ivor Frischknecht, Chief Executive Officer, ARENA (Invited)
- Professor Gus Nathan, Director, Centre for Energy Technology, University of Adelaide
- Paul Makumbe, Founder and CEO, Sunergise
- Shane Bannister, Area Sales Manager NSW/VIC/TAS, ComAp Pty Ltd
- Bob Darwin, Energy Services, Energy Queensland Ltd
- Sean McGoldrick, Executive Manager Asset Management, Western Power
- Stephen J. Schneider, Chief Information Officer, Enernet Global
- Andrew Logan, Manager, Infrastructure & Engineering Services, Lord Howe Island Board
- David Pollington, Business Line Leader for Renewables, Jacobs
- Anthony Maxwell, Senior Energy Specialist, Asian Development Bank
- Aaron Hawkins, Asset Manager – Australia and Pacific, First Solar – Rio Tinto Weipa Solar Plant
This industry forum is for everyone involved in electricity supply solutions for remote areas and off grid renewables opportunities, including representatives from:
- Engineering, Construction and Project Development Services
- System, Technology and Product Providers
- Independent Power Producers
- Renewable and Hybrid Energy Solution Providers, including solar power systems, wind, wave energy, thermal energy
- Fuel Mix Power Generation
- Consulting and Investment Services
- Local and State Governments
- Association, Government Agency and Research organisations
- Industry Research and Innovations
Areas to be addressed include:
- Off-grid market trends and opportunities
- Energy solution and renewable energy system case studies
- Managing off-grid energy solutions: the role of utilities, stakeholders and communities
- Industrial, commercial, and community applications
- Large scale battery storage: which role does storage play?
- Traditional power generation and hybrid power plants
- Microgrid and the potential for storage
- "Fringe of grid" energy projects – remote locations that place a strain on the electricity grid
- Asia Pacific Electrification Programme
- The role of enabling technologies for decentralised energy generation
- Development supply chain – construction and maintenance
- Technical developments and innovations
Special Subsidised Rate
There is a special subsidised rate of $1,495 + GST available for selected small businesses that are not a branch office of a national or international company. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to see if you qualify.
For sponsorship and exhibition enquires:
Please email Megan.Rogulski@informa.com.au or call 02 9080 4030, to find out about sponsoring or exhibiting at the 4th RAPS Conference.
For speaking opportunities:
If you would like to suggest a presentation for consideration on the 2017 conference program, please contact Blandine Vallée, Conference Producer, by email email@example.com or call 02 9080 4053 to discuss your presentation suggestion.