We were lucky enough to have caught up with Lance Hockridge, the new Chairman of the Australasian Railway Association at AusRAIL PLUS 2011 and had a quick chat.
1. Lance, this is your first AusRAIL as the new Chairman of the Australasian Railway Association, how do you see the role of rail in Australia’s future economic and social development evolving under your Chairmanship?
2. You will be addressing AusRAIL PLUS 2011 in a number of capacities, one of these sees you deliver a presentation that looks at how the industry needs to respond to the needs of their customers, do you feel the industry puts enough emphasis on this issue?
3. It’s already been nearly a year since QR National floated, what has been the main challenge in dealing with dividing of the original business, and the transition to a private company?
4. Since it has floated a number of challenges have presented themselves for QR National, not least the disruptions caused by the flooding in Queensland at the start of the year, how have these incidents impacted your original vision for the business?
5. Finally Lance, AusRAIL continues to grow and this year is the largest on record, why do you feel this event is so valuable to the industry and its development?