The annual Mining the Isa conference is the only one of its kind to focus solely on the Isa region and its mining considerations. We have made some of the presentations given at the 2012 event available for viewing and download.
1) Aston Metals – An update on Exploration in NW Qld
Presenter: Dan Johnson, CEO, Aston Metals
2) Fostering a regional innovation system for the Mount Isa Region
- Quickly coming to a shared reality about what regional innovation is and what it means for the Mt Isa Region
- Driving Innovation in a large and decentralised region
- Mt Isa’s innovation opportunities and challenges
- Regional Innovation elements and management/coordination/governance frameworks
- An innovation agenda for Mt Isa – the group’s recommendations
Presenter: Ian Ogden, Innovative Regions Facilitator (Central Qld), Innovative Regions Centre, Enterprise Connect Division, Department of Innovation, Industry, Science, Research and Tertiary Education
3) From Explorer to Miner
- So you discovered a resource, what next?
- Becoming a mining company versus an asset sale
- Difference between an explorer and a miner
- Resource requirements, risks, challenges
Presenter: Dr. Allan Branch, Managing Director and CEO, Krucible Metals
The 8th annual Mining the Isa conference will be held on the 2nd and 3rd October 2013 at Mount Isa Civic Centre.