The Digital Money Summit will explore the existing pros and cons for Australia developing its contactless payment methods, as successfully deployed in examples around the globe. Sessions will be heard from the major players involved in adopting this new technology – hear banks discuss their strategies to utlise market share, hear telecoms talk about the new opportunities available through mobile networks, hear retailers discuss the benefits of fast, efficient payments to the merchant and customers, and hear the hardware manufacturers talk about how this technology works.
Technology is paving the way for revolution. In terms of money, this is no different. As personal technologies become more tecnological, we can now use it it different ways. Whereas once upon a time the cheque was revoluntionary, the credit card has taken over. In the past we would write letters and drop them in letter boxes. Now we write email. Now we are seeing money being used in a digital format. Society is becoming increasingly cashless, and technology is allowing us to make transactions quicker and easier than before.
Featuring presentations from:
- Magellan Mungui, Mpesa Support Analyst, Safaricom Limited (Kenya)
- Irianto Kusumadjaja, Director, Information Technology & Operations, Bank Andara (Indonesia)
- Bruce Mansfield, Managing Director, eftpos Payments Australia
- Chris Hamilton, CEO, Australian Payments Clearing Association
- Chris Smith, General Manager Digital, NAB
- Vipin Kalra, Country Manager Australia, Visa
- Andrew Cartwright, SVP & Country Manager, MasterCard Australia
- Frerk-Malte Feller, Managing Director, PayPal Australia
- Dr Brad Pragnell, Head of Industry Policy, Australian Payments Clearing Association
- Rocky Scopelliti, National General Manager – Financial Services, Telstra
- Christopher Kent, Head of Payments Policy, Reserve Bank of Australia
- Simon Clarke, eCommerce & Internet Banking Specialist, Suncorp
- Bob Deiter, Director, Business Development- Australia and Asia-Pacific, Cubic Transportation Systems
To get the full program, go to http://bit.ly/downloadDigitalMoneybrochurenow
Want to get involved in the Summit?
Sponsorship/Exhibition opportunities – please contact Sponsorship Manager Samuel Wilson