The recent Russia & Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS) Coal Summit brought together key decision makers and industry representatives offering an understanding of the Russian coal industry’s key strengths and weaknesses. We have made some of the most insightful presentations available for download.
Phil Ren, Vice President of Tader Coal SCM Co. Ltd. & Chairman of China Coal Importers Association gave a talk on China’s coal supply & demand trends, covering:
- What are the major influencers?
- How are global pricing trends effecting import demand to China?
- What is the future outlook for China’s coal demand?
- What implications will this have for Russian coal demand?
- How is China increasing transport capacity and production volumes?
William G Meister, Associate and Mining Practice Leader at Golder Associates delivered an overview North American coal production and impacts for the Russian market, including:
- Recent trends in North American steam and coking coal production volumes and cost
- Export opportunities for North American steam and coking coals
- Major new North American mine developments impacting exports
- Status of new North American port developments
- Comparative delivered prices of North American coal to European and Asian markets
Scott Southwood, General Manager Marketing at Aspire Mining gave conference attendees an update on the Ovoot Coking Coal Project in Mongolia, covering:
- Summary of development to date
- Production plan
- Coal quality
- Logistics and marketing
Dr Gaurav Singh, Commercial Services Research Stream Leader Digital Productivity and Services Flagship CSIRO talked about new trends in analytical methods for optimising the supply chains, including:
- Using advanced planning models to reduce variability and identify bottlenecks
- Alignment of maintenance tasks to maximise throughput
- Whole of supply chain planning and visibility