Key Learning Objectives
- Understand the role of Software DeƬned Networks.
- Learn the benefits of automating IT infrastructure
- Understand how SDN compliments system virtualisation.
- Gain exposure to various use cases for SDN within the enterprise.
- Understand the risks and rewards of SDN
ABOUT THE COURSE
Software defined networking represents the most significant change to network management in decades. This course offers an introduction to the key principals of SDN and explores a number of use cases where SDN offers increased flexibility and agility for service delivery within the enterprise.
The course requires very little background knowledge as it starts with a gentle introduction to the key networking concepts that are required.
Concepts are conveyed using simple analogies and animations. The aim of the course it to provide participants with a sample of the kinds of problems that can be solved via SDN.
WHO WILL BENEFIT
This course will benefit anyone engaged in the management of enterprise IT systems including IT managers, IT administrators, Systems
Administrators, Network Administrators, Security Administrators, Pre-sales Engineers, and Technical consultants.
- What tasks do various network devices perform.
- Why are there so many network protocols in use.
- How are networks managed.
- The role of virtualisation in the cloud
- Orchestration – automating your datacenter.
Software Defined Networks
- What is SDN?
- Network virtualisation.
- Centralisation of control.
- Northbound API’s – Network Apps
- Southbound API’s
- Control protocols – Openflow, BGP
- Management protocols – OVSDB, OF-Config
- Overlay networks – VxLAN, NVGRE
- Network Function Virtualisation (NFV)
- Malware detection
- Denial of Service mitigation
- Network monitoring
- Edge policy enforcement
- Bring Your Own Device (BYOD).
- Service insertion
- Captive portals
- WAN acceleration
- Security as a Service
- Will my staff have a capability gap?
- Can I get locked into a vendor’s ecosystem?
- How will SDN affect my network’s security?
On-site & in-house training
Deliver this course how you want, where you want, when you want – and save up to 40%! 8+ employees seeking training on the same topic?
Talk to us about an on-site/in-house & customised solution.