Key Learning Objectives
- Gain a new perspective, a new optimism, and a new respect for your role and responsibilities
- Understand that leadership does not need a ‘title’
- Develop your ability to influence and persuade others
- Discover your negotiation style and that of others, develop skills to deal effectively with difference in styles
- Gain buy-in from stakeholders over whom you have no line authority
- Confidently utilise the keys to successful and effective delegation
- Discover how to support and develop your own role and that of your boss
- Demonstrate leadership during times of conflict and restructure
- Become a change champion
- Consciously adopt a strategic support strategy
About the Course
Corporate redesign and information technology puts executive assistants as close to the front lines of decision-making, autonomy and change as the executives they support.
Increasingly there is a blurring of the lines between strategic administrative support and role-related management responsibilities.
Business leaders look for talent inside their organisations as they strive to match their employees’ experience, skills, aptitudes and aspirations to the evolving strategic needs of business.
This course has been designed for executive assistants to hone techniques to better exert their influence, their ability to generate ideas, and exercise their interpersonal skills to work effectively and collaboratively.
To attain the level of true executive/executive assistant partnership and value-added colleague, executive assistants must continue to build on their foundation skills to effectively manage the most mundane task, to the most strategic assignment, from beginning to end, with speed and accuracy.
Executive Assistants will excel in this new world of work because they will drive their own growth.
Who Will Benefit
Senior executive assistants and personal assistants working with key executives, directors and boards and those looking to make the transition into a more senior role with confidence.
“Without doubt, Sandi is THE best facilitator I have ever experienced!mShe is approachable, knowledgeable and absolutely understood my real world”
Personal Assistant to Director, Queensland Government Department
“Engaging presentation, draws you in…”
Executive Assistant, Department of Premier and Cabinet
“Sandi was inspirational, enjoyable and wonderful speaker and motivator”
EA to CIR Director, Department of Defence
Stepping into your personal power
- Values, beliefs and attitudes – your’s and other people’s
- Why internal dialogue is so important
- How to be an effective communicator – both verbally and non-verbally
- The keys to powerful personal expression
Leadership skills – achieving success for yourself and others
- How do you define leadership?
- How do you ‘balance’ your heart and your head?
- What’s your corporate culture?
- How to coach, encourage and empower others
- Matching, pacing and leading
- Keys to fulfilling your multiple roles – and staying sane!
Building cooperative work environments
- Your 3 communication tools
- How language patterns influence behaviour
- How to establish and maintain rapport
- What makes for effective teams?
- The various roles members may fill
- Learning styles and preferences
- Personality styles and behaviours
Delegation that delivers results!
- Knowing when, what and to whom to delegate
- How do I know I can trust them?
- Assessing risk
- The biggest barrier to having delegation work for you
Making time your servant – not your master
- Be a goal-getter – not just a goal-setter!
- Distinctions between urgency and importance
- How to prioritise – and be flexible when things change!
- Telephone management tips
- Paper, paper everywhere? No more!
- How to politely and firmly deal with interruptions
- Making meetings work
- How to break the cycle of procrastination
The art of effective negotiation how everyone can win
- Negotiation defined
- Juggling the three elements of any negotiation
- Positional and principled negotiations
- Necessary conditions for sound negotiating
- What’s your negotiating style?
- Approaches to working with different styles
- How to ascertain your own BATNA – and that of the other party
- Reaction ranges and how to deal with them
- How to generate options to create ‘win/win’ results
- Strategies and tactics
- Developing your agreement matrix
- Measuring the success of your agreements
Extending and deepening your skill base
- Mentors – getting one and being one
- Developing an action plan that really works for you!
- Defining your next steps
On-site & in-house training
Deliver this course how you want, where you want, when you want – and save up to 40%! 8+ employees seeking training on the same topic?
Talk to us about an on-site/in-house & customised solution.