Key Learning Objectives
- Interpreting relationships across the political and management interface
- Preventing inter-agency conflict and resolving disputes between conflicting agencies
- Tools for gaining buy-in from stakeholders for change management
- Overcoming cultural barriers to change when culture is entrenched
- Building strong, lasting relationships internally and externally – lobby groups and the community
- Decision-making resources to address and resolve complex issues
- Delegation of tasks and accountability
- Develop a framework for leadership for all personality types
- Influencing and ‘taking people along’
- Choosing and building teams that work together
- Managing your own career progression
About the Course
In the complex and turbulent government and business environment today, higher order leadership knowledge and skills are needed to operate at a top performance level that is sustainable.
Change is required to respond to this complex evolution and managers must comply with government directives, satisfy their electorate generally and cater for special groups within it.
This course builds these capabilities in an Australian context so that participants can create a shared leadership with others in their organisation and across the organisations with which they relate.
Outstanding leaders recognise that combining the necessary skills with their own unique strengths is vital if they are to optimise stakeholder relationships and overall performance.
This course provides you with an unparalleled opportunity to establish a sound foundation in these critical leadership skills by working with a range of strategies, tools and techniques to resolve a real case study involving critical policy, regulatory and information technology issues across diverse internal and external stakeholder groups.
The modules of this in-depth 2 day course will help you master key skills that can be implemented straight away so you can build more rewarding relationships, stronger teams and more resilient and harmonious departments and organisations.
Communicating creatively with other leaders and managing for high performance can start from where you stand.
Who Will Benefit
The program is suited to those who have current management responsibilities and wish to develop more effective leadership skills, particularly outside their own immediate team. It is also suitable for groups of managers from the same organisation.
Government organisations as systems
- Empowering organisations
- Cornerstones and beliefs
- Principles that serve as the foundation for leadership action
Leadership in turbulent times…
- Necessary knowledge and skills
- Tools for developing these with those around you
Working together… the different cultures, styles and behaviours you may encounter
- Learn about working with other leaders who are different from you
- Gender and diversity
- Generations and ethnicities in the workplace today
- Developing shared culture, values and business model
Practical exercises in working with difference…
Building your influence and impact… a model for success
- Exercising power to influence others
- Direct and indirect influencing methods
- A model of personal attributes for maximising influence
Proactive resolution of interagency conflict
- Proactive prevention of interagency conflict and open communication
- Resolving existing disputes between conflicting agencies and groups
- Keys to remaining resourceful, in control and centred in stressful situations
- Giving and receiving feedback without getting ‘plugged in’
- Building a toolbox of responses for a wide variety of difficult and demanding situations
- Key communication strategies to ensure understanding and visibility for all parties
- Maximising collateral benefits, personal and organisational
Strategic analysis of complex environments – designing interventions
- A framework for strategic analysis of stakeholders and their interests
- Minimising unintended consequences
- Review of techniques and tools for working with large and small groups across sectors
- Designing an intervention plan
Understanding your leadership (capabilities) accountabilities
- Understanding not only the what but the why of leadership
- Learn how to develop your direct reports and lift the capabilities of the organisation
- How to develop effective teams
- Communicating effectively
- Develop clarity of direction and decisions
- Be the role model (be the change you want to see)
- Raising self awareness
- Giving and receiving feedback
Practical processes and systems
- Delegation of tasks – tell them what they need to know.
- Exploration of a decision making and implementation model
- Practical exercises in decision making
Building a plan for your future
- Commitments and “Where to from Here?”
- A focus on the change-oriented, practical, interactive, experiential learning from the day
- Begin to build a network of support to practice these skills and discuss future issues
- Ensuring learning transfer into the work environment as soon as you leave the course
On-site & in-house training
Deliver this course how you want, where you want, when you want – and save up to 40%! 8+ employees seeking training on the same topic?
Talk to us about an on-site/in-house & customised solution.