Key Learning Objectives
- How to determine the inlet and outlet requirements of a pump
- The influence of frictional losses
- Understand the origins of the virtual pressure head
- Matching different types of pumps, pipes and systems
About the Course
This training course is designed to provide you with a fundamental overview of the operating principles behind pumps, the basic properties of fluids, energy, the different types of pumps and their main components.
Learn how to select the most appropriate pump for a given application, dos and dont’s of systems and pipework.
This course emphasises the different parameters affecting pump operations through interactive discussions and practical exercises.
Remember to bring a ruler and your calculator
Who Will Benefit
This course is for those who have had little experience with pumps, yet work with pumps regularly and need to understand how they work.
Technicians, project managers, plant managers and maintenance personnel working in production industries, mining, utility services, petro-chemical, steel making, food and beverage, pulp and paper and any other industry where pumps are used or specified will find this course of great benefit.
- Energy equation
- Frictional head loss
- Total head loss
- Net positive suction head
Positive displacement pumps
- Indicator diagram
- Accumulators and Frictional Head Loss
- The Euler equation
- Dimensional analysis and specific speed
- Efficiency and power requirements
- Mechanism of cavitation
- Cavitation during pump start-up
- Steady-state operation and pump performance curves
- Unsteady pump operation
Pump and pipe systems
- Pumps in series and parallel
- Pipes in series and parallel
- Joining pumps and pipe systems
On-site & in-house training
Deliver this course how you want, where you want, when you want – and save up to 40%! 8+ employees seeking training on the same topic?
Talk to us about an on-site/in-house & customised solution.