Key Learning Objectives
- The underpinning philosophy and principles of Agile
- The lifecycle of an Agile project, including alternative configurations
- The products produced during an Agile project and the purpose of these
- The techniques used and their benefits and limitations
- The roles and responsibilities within an Agile project
- how the Agile Project Management process can enable planning, management and control for predictable Agile project deliveries.
- Understand the P3O business case, and its relationship to the P3M3 Maturity Model
About the Course
Agile has taken off in the past couple years as organisations grapple with the frustrations of traditional project management approaches and the need to find ways to increase successful project delivery.
The Agile Project Management (AgilePM®) certification is aimed at those working in a projectfocused environment who are looking for a leaner, structured approach that enables them to respond far more quickly to change and that is conducive to rapid implementation of high-priority initiatives.
Accredited by APMG and based on the proven fundamentals within DSDM Atern (see below), the certification provides the ability to deliver Agile Projects in organisations requiring standards, rigour and visibility around Project Management, while at the same time enabling the fast pace, change and empowerment provided by Agile.
This course will:
- Explain how to lay the foundations for successful Agile projects
- Explain how an Agile project is managed
- Clarify the different management styles needed for successful Agile projects (compared to “traditional” projects)
- Provide integration with PRINCE2®.
Who Will Benefit
The course is aimed at Project Managers and others involved in Project Management who want to understand how to apply Agile approaches within an overall Project Management Lifecycle framework.
There are two exams included with the AgilePMcourse. Both exams are based on the new Handbook (v2.0) and are set and marked by APMG:
The Foundation exam (based on Handbook v2.0) is held at the end of the Foundation module and comprises:
- Multiple choice format
- 50 questions per paper
- 25 marks required to pass (out of 50 available) – 50%
- 60 minutes duration
The Practitioner exam (based on Handbook v2.0) is held at the end of the Practitioner module and comprises:
- 4 questions
- Each worth 20 marks for a total of 80 marks
- 40 marks required to pass (out of 80 available) – 50%
- 2.5 hours duration
- Open book (restricted to the manual only) examination
There are no pre-requisites to sit the Foundation exam. To be eligible to take the Practitioner exam you must have one of the following:
- AgilePMFoundation Certificate, or
- DSDM Atern Foundation Certificate, or
- DSDM Advanced Practitioner Certificate.
1. Agile Project Management Fundamentals
- What is Agile Project Management?
- Benefits of Agile Project Management
- When to use Agile Project Management
- Preparing for a successful Agile project
- Agile Project Management Principles
2. The Agile Project Management Process
- Agile Project Management Framework
- Configuring the Agile Project Lifecycle
3. Work Products and Deliverables
- Management Products and Deliverables
- Business Work Products and Deliverables
- Technical Products and Deliverables
4. Agile Project Teams
- Agile Project Roles and Responsibilities
- Agile Project Team Empowerment
- Agile Project Team Structure
5. Agile Project Management Practices
- Facilitated Workshops
- Iterative Development
6. Project Management and Control
- Agile Planning
- Agile Risk Management
- Agile Estimating and Measurement
- Agile Configuration Management
7. Other Agile Project Management Concerns
- Agile Requirements (Functional and Non-functional Requirements)
- Agile Testing
- Quality Management and Quality Control
- Ensuring Maintainability and Scalability
On-site & in-house training
Deliver this course how you want, where you want, when you want – and save up to 40%! 8+ employees seeking training on the same topic?
Talk to us about an on-site/in-house & customised solution.