Pharmaceutical legislation is constantly changing, so it is important that industry leaders understand the latest industry reforms and how it impacts on both them and their clients.
High profile international cases such as the Myriad decision and the Turing Pharmaceuticals price-gouging scandal has sparked worldwide discussions on the need for industry regulation, including the nature of patents and the need for reform to protect patients and ensure that the market stays competitive and profitable.
The event will aim to bring together senior level industry experts to give updates on regulation and legislation debates, and keep discussion alive by offering a networking experience that continues to be of significant importance to advancing the safety, supply and competitiveness of this vital sector.
With pharmaceutical legislation ever-changing, the need to keep informed on the latest reforms and cases across Australia continues to remain an industry priority. Our Pharmaceutical Law, Reform and Regulation Conference will offer updates on regulation and legislation debates and keep discussion alive by offering a networking experience that continues to be of significant importance to advancing the safety, supply and competitiveness of this vital sector.
Key topics for review will include:
- Is current regulation a challenge to innovation?
- A survey of the pharmaceutical law landscape
- Intellectual property protection
- Regulation, pricing and competition
- Update on the Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme (PBS)
- Recent case studies
- Trends in recent pharmaceutical infringement cases, prescriptions and consumer behaviour
- International legal developments in the life sciences sector – lessons for Australia
- Opportunities for reform of the regulation of pharmaceuticals in Australia
- Analysis of the Expert Panel Review of Medicines and Medical Device Regulation
The program is currently in development and we are currently calling for papers and ideas for the program. If you are interested in presenting at the summit and becoming part of the agenda, contact Lisa.Hedlund@informa.com.au or call (02) 9080 4058.
Still have a question?
02 9080 4058
Sponsorship & Exhibition Manager
02 9080 4432