This is a critical time for the NDIS and for every person it impacts. The NDIS is doubling the national investment in disability support and as it expands to additional sites, the industry needs to establish how it’s working in its current sites, with a keen focus on all the key players in the system; consumers, carers, service providers, government bodies and key associations. The 8th Annual National Disability Summit will review the progress and initiatives in supporting people with disabilities and their families to maximise independence and social and economic participation by creating greater choice.
Confirmed speakers for 2017 include:
- Alastair McEwin, Disability Discrimination Commissioner, Australian Human Rights Commission
- Brent Hayward, Senior Disability Practice Adviser, Office of Professional Practice, Department of Health & Human Services, Victoria & Melbourne Graduate School of Education, University of Melbourne, Victoria
- David Green, Director, Accommodation Programs, Service System and Program Reform Directorate
- Fiona Russo, PhD Candidate, University of Southern Queensland
- Peter Day, Director, Eastern Region Mental Health Association
- Adrian Munro, Executive Manager Operations, Richmond Wellbeing (RW)
- Anne Heath, Executive Director – Education, National Organisation for Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder Australia
- Michelle Wilkinson, Business Manager, Serious Injury, Accident Compensation Corporation ACC, NZ
- Cath Williams, Programme Manager Disability Support Services, Accident Compensation Corporation ACC, NZ
- Bethany Hooke, NDIS Project Manager, Queensland Statewide Child & Youth Clinical Network, Children’s Health Queensland
- Professor Christine Bigby, Director, Living with Disability Research Centre
For SPEAKING OPPORTUNITIES please send through your presentation title and brief outline along with your name, job title and organisation to Sarah.Hardiman@informa.com.au to assist with program scheduling. Please forward this email to colleagues/ networks who may be interested in contributing feedback.
Missed the last Disability Summit?
View presentations from the 7th Annual National Disability Summit: