With energy industry disruption comes great opportunities to develop innovations to meet an increasingly diverse energy mix.
Renewables, batteries and a host of emerging new energy technologies are drastically challenging the existing energy markets. We are looking at a clean-technology energy future and the timing is right for a fundamental shift towards funding innovative business models which overcome adoption barriers to already mature technologies.
Start-ups will play a key role in Australia’s energy future and hence we must develop the right frameworks and environment to bring together innovative, creative & bold thinkers as they have the potential to be the game changers in this clean energy revolution.
The Innovation & Start-ups in the Energy Sector Conference is designed as a platform for technology researchers and start-ups, industry leaders, utilities, solar installers, energy storage companies, technology manufacturers, equipment providers, project developers, investors, non-traditional power companies and consultants, to come together and discuss the latest opportunities, challenges, innovative technologies, programs and developments for energy industry start-ups.
Confirmed speakers to-date include:
- Giles Parkinson, Founder and Editor, RenewEconomy
- John O’Brien, Managing Director, Australian CleanTech & Sino CleanTech
- Lawrence Orsini, Founder, LO3 Energy
- Dr Mark Bonnar, Managing Director, Southern Cross Venture Partners
- Stefan Jarnason, CEO & Founder, Solar Analytics
- Nick Lake, Founder, EnergyLab
- Philip Livingston, Founder, Redback Technologies
- Richard Caldwell, Managing Director, Dyesol
- Gavin Dietz, Managing Director, Wattwatchers
- Tim Heasley, Partner, Artesian Venture Partners
- Dr Andrew Mears, CEO & Founder, SwitchDin Pty Ltd
- Edward Hanna, General Manager, Microgrids & Embedded Networks, Energy Action
- Mike Swanston, Principal Consultant, The Customer Advocate
Many more to be announced…
The event is perfectly timed to address key issues such as:
- Government initiatives supporting innovation and advancement in the energy industry
- How regulation and market access is assisting or inhibiting the energy transformation
- What is currently being done to reforming our approach to risk and entrepreneurship?
- What is the role of innovation in the long term plan to secure Australia’s future economic prosperity?
- Innovative business models and the importance of energy & clean-tech start-up hubs
- Optimising Australia’s R&D landscape in the energy sector
- What can we learn from other regions?
- Unblocking Australia’s potential and transforming our technological capabilities to meet the rapidly growing energy industry
- Potential game changers and how innovation is disrupting the energy industry?
- Capturing opportunities for growth, development, collaboration and innovation across the energy sector
- Capital raising and investment in innovative technologies & clean energy start-ups
- Funding available for energy start-ups
- The consumer aspect – what do home owners and business crave?
- Case studies from innovators who can enhance the competitiveness and efficiency of Australia’s energy resource industry including Industry leading research projects and technological advances in areas such as:
- Solar – Energy storage, panels, and batteries
- Digital platforms enhancing customer engagement
- Intelligent home energy systems
- Energy efficient technologies
- Host of exciting and emerging new energy technologies