With energy industry disruption comes great opportunities to develop innovations to meet an increasingly diverse energy mix.
Renewables, batteries and a host of emerging new energy technologies are drastically challenging the existing energy markets. We are looking at a clean-technology energy future and the timing is right for a fundamental shift towards funding innovative business models which overcome adoption barriers to already mature technologies.
Start-ups will play a key role in Australia’s energy future and hence we must develop the right frameworks and environment to bring together innovative, creative & bold thinkers as they have the potential to be the game changers in this clean energy revolution.
The Innovation & Start-ups in the Energy Sector Conference is designed as a platform for technology researchers and start-ups, industry leaders, utilities, solar installers, energy storage companies, technology manufacturers, equipment providers, project developers, investors, non-traditional power companies and consultants, to come together and discuss the latest opportunities, challenges, innovative technologies, programs and developments for energy industry start-ups.
The event is perfectly timed to address key issues such as:
- Government initiatives supporting innovation and advancement in the energy industry
- How regulation and market access is assisting or inhibiting the energy transformation
- What is currently being done to reforming our approach to risk and entrepreneurship?
- What is the role of innovation in the long term plan to secure Australia’s future economic prosperity?
- Innovative business models and the importance of energy & clean-tech start-up hubs
- Optimising Australia’s R&D landscape in the energy sector
- What can we learn from other regions?
- Unblocking Australia’s potential and transforming our technological capabilities to meet the rapidly growing energy industry
- Potential game changers and how innovation is disrupting the energy industry?
- Capturing opportunities for growth, development, collaboration and innovation across the energy sector
- Capital raising and investment in innovative technologies & clean energy start-ups
- Funding available for energy start-ups
- The consumer aspect – what do home owners and business crave?
- Case studies from innovators who can enhance the competitiveness and efficiency of Australia’s energy resource industry including Industry leading research projects and technological advances in areas such as:
- Solar – Energy storage, panels, and batteries
- Digital platforms enhancing customer engagement
- Intelligent home energy systems
- Energy efficient technologies
- Host of exciting and emerging new energy technologies
Founder and Editor, RenewEconomy
Operations Director, EnergyLab
Project Leader, A2emCo, Australian Autonomous Electric Mobility Company
Dr Larry Lopez
Director of Accelerating Commercialisation Strategy, Department of Industry, Innovation and Science
Analyst, Distributed Energy, Bloomberg New Energy Finance
Innovation Fund, Senior Associate, Clean Energy Finance Corporation
Partner, Artesian Venture Partners
Dr Mark Bonnar
Managing Director, Southern Cross Venture Partners
Co-Founder & Director, Energy Panda
Dr John McKibbin
Founder & CEO, Ecologic Apps
Managing Director, Artesian Investments
General Manager, Strategic Planning, GreenSync
National Sales Manager, Redback Technologies
Senior Vice President Asia Pacific, Sunverge Energy
General Manager, Microgrids & Embedded Networks, Energy Action
Founder, LO3 Energy
Managing Director, Australian CleanTech & Sino CleanTech
Strategy Specialist | Strategy & Knowledge Sharing, Australian Renewable Energy Agency (ARENA)
Principal Consultant, The Customer Advocate
Program Director, KPMG Energise ENR Start-up Accelerator Advisory, Management Consulting, KPMG
Director of Business Development, Asia Pacific, Geli
Executive Director, EnergyLab
Head of Future Energy, Origin Energy
Manager Technology Development, Ergon Energy
Managing Director, Village Infrastructure Angles
Managing Director, Power Ledger
Company Secretary, Fulcrum 3D
Co-Founder and Strategy Director, Presync (Australian Technologies Competition judge)
CEO, BluGlass (Australian Technologies Competition judge)
Founder & CEO, Energy Locals
Dr Andrew Mears
Managing Director, Dyesol Limited
CEO and Founder, Solar Analytics