The 30th Annual Medico Legal Congress will be held on 22-23rd March 2021 at the Swissotel Sydney.
Join us as we mark the 30th anniversary of Australia’s premiere medico legal event and a highlight on the calendar of the nation’s medico legal professionals. The congress features wonderfully credentialed speakers addressing complex and thought-provoking medico legal issues, reviewing recent cases and discussing the future of healthcare and hospitals – from GPs to surgery in a post COVID world.
Topics to be addressed include:
- The future of healthcare and hospitals – from GPs to surgery in a post COVID world
- The Aged Care Royal Commission
- The various proposed Covid class actions
- Should Australia should adopt a duty of candour as the UK has done?
- Doctors using social media – Recent changes, controversies and cases
- Continuing the discussion around The Impaired Dr
- Civil litigation or conduct actions relating to COVID 19
- Medical Board updated Code of Conduct
- Gender dysphoria treatment approvals for minors
- Discussion on the Australian Commission on Safety and Quality in Health Care new guidance for clinicians on how to obtain informed consent in health care
- Civil claims area of causation, there were some developments in WA
- A review of Barlow & Ors v St Vincent’s Hospital Sydney Limited
- Changes in regulatory practice since independent review of the use of chaperones
- Wrongful birth – Persisting questions about damages
- Moore v Scenic Tours case – Is there application to cosmetic surgery claims?
- Discharge against medical advice – Pitfalls and risks